The Employment Services Manager is responsible for supervising and managing professional staff members who assist individuals with disabilities and vocational barriers to obtain and to maintain employment in the community.
The incumbent is also responsible for vocational rehabilitation services to individuals with disabilities participating in job training and employment programs operated by WorkSource including BreadWorks Bakery & Deli and an AbilityOne housekeeping and custodial contract at the Federal Executive Institute.
Programs managed by the Employment Services Manager include:
• Vocational rehabilitation and employment services for adults with disabilities;
• School-to-Work transition services for high school students with disabilities;
• Welfare-to-Work employment and support services for individuals receiving Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF); and
• Work incentive services for individuals with disabilities receiving disability benefits from the Social Services Administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Employment Services Manager supervises and directs Employment Specialists, Community Services Specialists (welfare-to-work case managers), the Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, and the Work Incentives Specialist Advocate.
• Provides appropriate training to encourage positive staff development and staff retention.
• Conducts performance evaluations for all direct reports.
• Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive service delivery system that enables persons with disabilities to achieve their vocational potential.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all federal, state and organizational rules and regulations relating to employment programs including, but not limited to, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act.
• Establishes and monitors record keeping, goal planning, individualized plans for employment and quality assurance for those served.
• Ensures that all employment programs and services receive CARF accreditation.
• Maximizes and maintains service contracts and agreements between WorkSource and funding partners that include the Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitation Services (DARS), the Virginia Department of Social Services, the Virginia Department of Mental Health and Developmental Services, the Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired, the United Way – Thomas Jefferson Area, the Region Ten Community Services Board, local school systems and other purchasers of services.
• Develops and maintains exceptional relationships with employers, businesses and civic organizations that support disability employment programs.
• Responsible for coordinating all billing processes including the DARS online system for consumers who are funded through Extended Employment Services and Long-Term Employment Support Services.
• Participates in the development and implementation of new services and programs that are responsive to the needs of area citizens with disabilities.
• Writes grant applications, as necessary, to support employment programs.
• Actively participates in interdisciplinary and interagency meetings to foster and to maintain community collaboration.
• Provides technical assistance to all WorkSource divisions relating to disability employment matters.
• Serves on the interdepartmental Client Action Committee that addresses various consumer issues including admissions, suspensions and recommendations to the President for termination of services.
• Prepares and meets budgets for employment services.
• Prepares annual demographic report and periodic reports required by funders.
• Keeps WorkSource President informed of department issues, plans and activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Rehabilitation, Sociology, Psychology, Counseling or related field, although a Master’s degree is preferred.
• At least three years of experience in providing services to individuals with disabilities.
• At least three years of administrative or management experience.
Department: Executive Management Team
Reports To: President
Staff Size: Six to eight
Status & Salary: Exempt; compensation based on related experience & skills.
WorkSource is an EEO/AA Employer
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.