Posted OnSeptember 9, 2022
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelHigh School Diploma
Position Summary: Coordinate daily staff assignments and maintain the Residence according to agency policy. Provide all aspects of care to program residents to enable them to become independent and productive individuals. Must have working knowledge of computer systems (i.e. Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, etc.).
1. Ensures that all activities enhance and support each person’s social responsibility, independence, dignity and continued growth.
2. Implement goals designed to maximize each resident’s level of independence, as determined by the IDT, including but not limited to: budgeting, grooming, nutritional planning, use of public transportation, use of community resources, shopping and housekeeping. Responsible for entering consumer data documentation in Avatar.
3. Supervises DSP’s on a daily basis, which includes: review of the DSP’s consumer data documentation in Avatar, distribution of work, staff training and orientation. Act as an appropriate role model for DSP’s and consumers at all times.
4. Coordinates and assist consumers with personal needs.
5. Assists in training consumers in activities of daily living and development of self-help and social skills.
6. Participates in interdisciplinary team process, which includes: evaluation, program planning, implementation and monitoring consumers’ cases, and maintaining contact with family members.
7. Dispenses medication to consumers as necessary and maintaining medical certification
8. Coordinates and participates in recreational activities for consumers.
9. Assists in transporting consumers to and from medical appointment, recreational activities, and programming.
10. Communicates relevant information to other staff and supervisor(s), verbally and in writing, (i.e., daily communication log, telephone log, incident reports, medication and behavior incident reports.)
11. Maintains the consumers’ financial accounts, which includes banking, paying bills, etc. as requested by the Residence Manager.
12. Attends all scheduled staff meetings and all required in-services.
13. Performs all duties as per DSP job description.
14. Must be able to physically intervene with participant when individual may cause physical injury to self or to others: assist participants responding to potential dangerous situations (i.e., hand on hot stove; running into traffic). Must be able to administer emergency first aid to participant.
15. The ability to complete the following training courses and perform the techniques taught in each are a required function of the position: AMAP, CPR, SCIP, First Aid. This includes the computerized EMAR (Electronic Medication Administration Record) system, where applicable.
16. Maintains confidentiality at all times.
17. Other duties as requested.
Qualifications: High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred or a combination of education and experience. One to two years experience working with the developmentally disabled is necessary. Supervisory experience preferred. A valid NYS Driver’s license is required.
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Learning Management System with free CE and CME for licensed staff.
WLN is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
Please click on the link below or copy and paste it onto your internet web browser.
visit www.wellLifenetwork.org/Careers and search for the Shift Supervisor position.
Thank you for applying with WellLife Network.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.