Wayfinder helps parents raising children with developmental disabilities navigate the healthcare system with on-demand care coordination, curated resources, and peer support. Since our launch in January 2021, we’ve helped hundreds of care-seekers in Colorado find vetted providers in our network. Now, we’re expanding our services to include one-on-one care coordination. We’re seeking an experienced Healthcare Navigator to help us develop care coordination services and provide ongoing support for members. This is a part-time, remote contract position with flexible hours.
- Assist the Wayfinder leadership team with building the backend systems for its care coordination services.
- Assess patient needs, create a shared action plan, and refer to relevant clinical, financial, and social services.
- Remove barriers to care by helping patients schedule appointments, book childcare services, and scope transportation routes as needed.
- Research, qualify, and add community resources to our internal database.
- Collaborate with other members of the Wayfinder care team to improve outcomes for patients and their families.
- Conduct regular check-ins with patients to keep them engaged and informed throughout their healthcare journey.
- Minimum of 3 years experience assisting patients and families or related healthcare/social services experience.
- Understanding of healthcare and social services for Coloradans with disabilities. For example, familiarity with Community Centered Boards (CCBs), Early Intervention (EI) services, and Medicaid Waivers.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Empathetic to the challenges that Coloradans with disabilities and their families face.
- Ability to work proactively and independently.
- A computer or tablet with a webcam and access to high-speed internet.
- A quiet, private space to conduct video visits.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred).
- Personal experience navigating the disability healthcare system for yourself or your child.
- Work from anywhere, as long as you’re based in Colorado!
- Flexible hours — set your schedule.
- We’re a mission-driven startup in the formative stages, which means you’ll play an outsized role in helping us improve access to care for medically underserved populations in Colorado.
The Healthcare Navigator is a flexible contract position. Before Wayfinder launches coordination services, the Healthcare Navigator will consult with the team to co-build documentation systems, communication standards, and operational capacities. We anticipate this will require 1-3 hours per week for the first month of the contract. Once we begin offering services to clients, hours could increase based on patient demand.
- Location: Remote in Colorado.
- Compensation: $22 – $28 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Hours: Flexible — you set your schedule!
How to Apply
- Submit an application by Friday, August 27th. We’ll be reviewing submissions on a rolling basis. If we’re interested in moving forward with your application, we’ll schedule a 20-minute phone conversation.
- Candidates who advance will receive an invitation to speak with us via a one-hour video interview.
- An offer will be made by mid-September.
A note about equity: we’re committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcomed, valued, and supported. This means that we recruit, employ, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical or intellectual disability, genetic or family medical history, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.