The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for the maintenance of quality assurance and regulatory compliance for VersAbility Resources’ employment, waiver group home, and adult day programs. The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for working with program supervisors to ensure VersAbility Resources meets applicable requirements regarding the provisioning of services for people with disabilities and to ensure VersAbility Resources is compliant with standards related to business operations. The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for maintaining quality systems, collecting and tracking quality-related data, reporting the results of quality audits and recommending quality system improvements.
- The incumbent, as assigned, implements VersAbility Resources’ employment, waiver group home, and day service quality improvement program. Working with program directors, administrators, and line staff, maintains the quality management system. The incumbent identifies quality system improvements and promotes the value of quality throughout the employment services division, as well as organizationally as appropriate.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment while implementing the employment, waiver group home, and day services quality systems, including conducting regular quality inspections, collecting and maintaining quality data as needed, tracking trends, documenting and reporting the results of quality reviews.
- The incumbent, as assigned, supports the quality improvement program related to the provision of services for individuals such as meeting the Virginia Department of Behavior Health and Developmental Services licensing requirements, the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services (Medicaid requirements), HCBS requirements, the federal AbilityOne program regulations, CARF accreditation standards, the Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services extended employment service requirements, and meeting the requirements of specific grantees, such as the United Way.
- Supports the Human Rights Officer with reporting critical incidents and allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation as assigned. Shares responsibility for monitoring emails and telephone calls during evenings, weekends and holidays and reporting any critical incidents and allegations of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation that occur while “on call”.
- Supports the Human Rights Officer by participating in investigations of allegations of abuse, neglect, exploitation and other serious incidents. Leads investigations, as assigned, exercising discretion and independent judgment as it relates to interpreting regulatory and internal policy requirements.
- Leads the CARF accreditation efforts, including serving as the point of contact for CARF Surveyors, submitting annual conformance reports, completing the Indexes used to demonstrate our conformance with the standards, working with the team to gather supporting evidence for the Survey, and scheduling the site visits and interviews.
- The incumbent, as assigned, shares responsibility for the quality management system related to VersAbility Resources’ business operations such International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and obtaining and maintaining specific lines of business certifications.
- Provides support with audit/review preparations, participates in audits/reviews and contributes to the development of corrective action and quality improvement plans as assigned.
- Monitors and periodically reviews VersAbility Resources’ employment, waiver group homes and day services division for compliance with internally and externally established quality standards.
- Supports the Director of Quality and Compliance with the implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive document control system.
- The incumbent maintains records and ongoing data related to the quality management system and quality improvement program.
- Supports the Director of Quality and Compliance with ensuring compliance with standards related to employment and business operations, including the federal AbilityOne program.
- Provides support for community integration efforts and HCBS Rights compliance
- Actively participates on various project and planning teams, trains/supports staff, and serves in similar capacities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a human services or business management related field of study. 5 years of related experience can be substituted for the degree.
Experience: Five years of successful work experience, with at least three years supervisory experience strongly desired. Direct experience with developing and implementing quality management systems is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of quality management systems, methods and approaches with a demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge to achieve the implementation of a successful quality improvement system (or a demonstrated ability to acquire such knowledge within six months).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principals and practices of employment-related services for people with developmental disabilities with a demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge to the development of a successful services-related quality management system (or demonstrated ability to acquire such knowledge within six months).
- Thorough knowledge of legal, regulatory, licensing, certification and accreditation requirements applicable to employment and day service programs for people with disabilities.
- Ability to read, understand, interpret and apply complex regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of quality business practices and lines of business accreditation or certification standards (or demonstrated ability to acquire such knowledge within six months).
- Knowledge of Human Rights regulations and the reporting requirements (or demonstrated ability to acquire such knowledge within six months).
- Advanced ability to organize work and effectively manage priorities.
- Advanced ability to collect, organize and analyze data and prepare reports and other written material clearly.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Accountability: Exhibits and willingness to accept responsibility and be held accountable for actions
- Attendance and Punctuality: Contributes reliably in the workplace by being in attendance regularly and by arriving punctually
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working
- Collaboration: Works to produce mutually beneficial outcomes. Promotes collaborative work situations
- Communication: Communicates effectively in all forms
- Confidentiality: Respects and adheres to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality of information
- Customer Focus: Knows the (internal and external) customer business needs and acts accordingly, anticipating customer needs, and giving high-priority to customer satisfaction and customer service
- Dependability: Can be relied upon to complete assigned tasks promptly and efficiently
- Ethics and Integrity: Exhibits uncompromising integrity and commitment to the organization’s values, human resource principles, and business conduct policies; builds trust and instills confidence through mutually respectful, ongoing conversation
- Flexibility: Exhibits the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Following Directions: Exhibits the ability to effectively hear, understand, and follow directions or instructions; the willingness to postpone making personal decisions or taking action until fully hearing the assignment
- Initiative: Willing to do more than is required or expected in the job. Goes beyond what is expected in the assignment, task or job description without being asked
- Interaction with Others: The extent to which the employee interacts with clients, peers, subordinates, families, individuals, vendors and other business partners in a positive, collaborative, and professional manner
- Positive Attitude: Exhibits and attitude that expresses favor towards people, places things or events
- Professionalism: Thinking carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearances and mode of behavior
- Quality: Produces results or provides services that meets or exceeds company standards
Work is generally performed indoors however incumbent is also expected to work in industrial and business settings which might involve temperature and cleanliness extremes. Auditing within a warehouse environment is frequent. Bending, stooping, reaching and lifting or no more than 25 lbs may be required.
Certifications: ISO Lead Auditor or ability to obtain within 6 months
How to Apply
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.