Values Into Action
Community Support Services Director
Posted OnApril 4, 2019
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelNot Specified
An organization supporting people with intellectual disabilities exclusively in their own homes, at all hours of the day and night, is looking for leadership to act as the Community Support Services Director in the operations of our licensed residential services. Be aware that our organization delivers this service very differently than other, traditional organizations. People choose where and with whom they live, and the housing is separate from the service.
The ten people accepting this support live in southeast Pennsylvania. Frequent, regional travel is required, as people themselves lead the design of their paid support system, and are a part of the delivery of the services, and the evaluation of those services. The person in this position will work closely with people, their families, direct support and program specialist staff.
The current salary range for this position is $50-60K/year with a flexible and generous benefit package.
The right candidate will demonstrate or have:
· An interest in innovating and modernizing traditional residential services in partnership with people with disabilities, their families and staff;
· At least 5 years of effective management/leadership experience of community based services, including program specialist experience;
· A master’s degree in a human service field preferred; a bachelor’s degree and applicable experience can be considered.
· Ideally, direct service or lived experiences as a family member, colleague or friend of someone who identifies as having a disability;
· Successful experience working in a highly regulated task environment, with a distributed workforce;
· A clear understanding of person centered thinking and planning skills, as evidenced by examples of having supported people with significant support needs in control of their services and living lives of their choosing
· A willingness to take thoughtful risks, be creative in approaching challenges associated with helping people to live an everyday life, and be very organized with their own priorities and time
· An ability to not only adapt but to thrive in a highly active and changing work environment
We need a strong-willed, values driven person… someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can ride the wave and keep things solution-focused when times get tough; someone with strong leadership skills who knows that the best work is done when the people impacted are heard and included- Is this you?
Values Into Action is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our website http://www.valuesintoactionpa.org to learn more about Values Into Action and our approach to service provision. If you feel that you are a good fit for this position and you are ready to put your values into action, please complete our online application which can be found on our website under the Work With Us tab.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.