University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 498651
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 28N
Context of job:
The Center for Disabilities Studies (CDS) is the largest research and public service center in the College of Education and Human Development. It promotes the inclusion of individuals with disabilities in all aspects of society. The Center accomplishes this through education, service, information dissemination, and research. The Administrative Assistant IV supports multiple programs in the Transition, Education & Employment Model (TEEM) Unit within the Center, including Spectrum Scholars and the Career & Life Studies Certificate (CLSC). More information about CDS is available at www.cds.udel.edu.
Under limited supervision, the Administrative Assistant IV oversees a variety of administrative duties for multiple postsecondary transition programs for students with disabilities. The Spectrum Scholars initiative and the Career & Life Studies Certificate (CLSC) programs support undergraduate and certificate students at the university with a range of disabilities and promotes inclusion in the campus community through services, trainings and technical assistance provided at the individual and community level. The Administrative Assistant IV works closely with the Director and Program Managers for these programs, and other CDS programs. The Administrative Assistant IV coordinates, oversees, and maintains all administrative functions relating to the CLSC and Spectrum Scholars programs. This person implements and monitors billing and related financial policies following University policies and procedures. The Administrative Assistant IV also serves as the unit liaison with outside state and community agencies. A high level of independent judgment is required.
• Oversees day-to-day management of office operations for Spectrum Scholars and CLSC.
• Assists and supports the operation and management of Spectrum Scholars and the Career & Life Studies Certificate (CLSC) programs.
• Performs routine and non-routine administrative duties ensuring confidentiality.
• Develops, coordinates and maintains the schedule for students and staff across both programs, including the scheduling of assigned rooms, staff/leadership schedules, student schedules, program-related activities, and meetings with collaborators and external stakeholders including funding agencies.
• Implements and monitors budgets and financial policies following University policies and procedures.
• Maintains and processes confidential notes and related financial documents (e.g., Medicaid-related payments, payment to individuals/vendors, etc.).
• Reconciles credit card statements with receipts in the University financial database system.
• Maintains comprehensive tracker for admissions and programmatic purposes.
• Coordinates data collection for the federal NIRS database and other similar systems.
• Researches and prepares detailed reports by utilizing multiple sources.
• Liaise with internal academic and administrative units, as well as outside state and community agencies.
• Attends recruitment events.
• Receives and screens incoming correspondence, forms, and new student applications.
• Provides front desk coverage and identifies alternate coverage as necessary- including but not limited to – answering phones, receiving/greeting visitors, answering general questions, and referring specific inquiries to appropriate person(s).
• Handles and resolves complaints or issues, as appropriate.
• Co-supervises potential admin-related graduate assistants and interns.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED, Associate’s degree preferred, and five years of administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Intermediate experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and in utilizing software for word processing, spreadsheets, or databases, including web-based applications, e.g., (Google Sheets, Google Docs & Google Slides).
• Superior organizational skills, the ability to evaluate and prioritize assignments and the ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use independent thought, judgment, discretion, and self-motivation.
• Ability to work effectively as a team.
• Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
• Budget experience preferred.
• Experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or their families preferred.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures, and backgrounds.
• Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
• Ability to drive to off-campus locations.
Notice of Non-Discrimination, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
The University of Delaware does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability, religion, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in its employment, educational programs and activities, admissions policies, and scholarship and loan programs as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and University policies. The University of Delaware also prohibits unlawful harassment including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
How to Apply
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.