The ReDCo Group
Direct Care Worker
LocationSchuylkill County, PA
Posted OnSeptember 16, 2020
Experience LevelEntry Level
Education LevelHigh School Diploma
***Current Starting Wage is $13.50 which includes a $2.00 per hour incentive***
Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral/mental health and intellectual disabilities services in the state of Pennsylvania. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 700 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 9 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
A person in this position is responsible for giving direct client care to the individuals who reside in residential programs and intermediate care facilities. This position requires a valid driver’s license. Work assignments are varied in nature and are performed under the supervision of the site or facility supervisor.
Locations positions are available:
• Physical movements such as lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and reaching:
• Participates in the development and implementation of the Individual Program Plans
• Ensures that each resident participates in social/leisure/recreational activities based on individualized plans
• Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to insure the happiness, health, and safety of the residents
• Provides support to residents in activities of daily living such as personal/oral hygiene and appropriate dress; requires the transfer of non-ambulatory residents
• Performs household duties and assists/supervises the residents in performing household duties to insure that the residents and facility are clean, safe, and secure at all times
• Coordinates and schedules specialized services for the residents; transports and accompanies consumers to medical, vision, dental appointments, speech therapy, and psychotherapy sessions; provides follow-up information to site or facility supervisor; these tasks require the operation of vehicles such as minivans, larger multi-passenger vans, and vans with lifting apparatus for non-ambulatory consumers; insures that ambulatory and non-ambulatory passengers in wheelchairs are properly secured
• Assists supervisor in the training of new staff to insure continuity of training in the supervisor’s absence
• Prepares and completes required documentation in compliance with State regulations, company standards, and the policy and procedure manuals; insures accurate accounting of household funds, consumer funds, and medical, historical, and daily information
• Dispenses medication prescribed for the residents by strictly following the medication administration procedures for administering and charting of medicines
• Participates in the development of the pre-assessment and assessment processes
• Encourages the residents in the acquisition of skills to achieve a greater level of independence
• Openly communicates with other service providers for the well-being of the residents
• Participates in required training sessions and meetings
• Reports concerns of programmatic or resident issues to the Program Specialist
• A high school graduate or possession of a general equivalency diploma is preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• A valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license with good driving record
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package (Note: This Only Applies To Full Time Employees):
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Please submit your resumes (or any questions) with the location and full or part time status you are interested to: Dawn Leffingwell @ email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.