The Child Study Center of New York
Special Education Teacher
LocationStaten Island, NY
Posted OnOctober 9, 2018
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER VACANCY
School Name: The Child Study Center of New York (CSC)
School Sites:167 Clermont Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205 & 33 White Place, Staten Island, NY 10310
WORK SCHEDULE: 12 months
Here at CSC, we believe in the abilities of all, and implement standards-based approaches of teaching, learning and development tailored to the unique needs of our children in our responsive child centered-school community. Our goal is to provide our children with the academic, developmental and social-emotional skills, strategies and supports they need in order to successfully enter, over time, the most appropriate least restrictive learning environment possible. We are seeking candidates with the capacity to create collaborative, results-driven learning environments grounded in the principles of social emotional learning, positive behavior supports and standards-based instructional experiences with modifications where all children and their families feel understood, secure and supported in their growth as they attain learning readiness and beyond!
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Special Education required; active plan leading to Master’s Degree (Birth-Grade2) in Early Childhood also required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Provide direct services to Special Needs children ages 2-5 years of age as required
– Obtain present levels/baselines and child’s functioning levels in socialization, cognitive levels, and fine and gross motor and fine gross motor and self-help skills
– Develop lesson plans and small group activities while maintaining Individual Education Plans (IEP) and written progress updates of each child’s development throughout the year
– Participate in, and complete weekly Case Conference performance forms
– Monitor appropriate transition plans for children from CPSE to CSE
– Administer diagnostic assessments as needed and provide case conference updates and a monthly Newsletter of events to parents
– Present Educational Staff Development Workshops and conduct Parent/Teacher conferencing throughout the school year
– Obtain and maintain compliant Special Education files; prepare New Annual Review IEP goals
-Prepare and develop suitable curricula and effective teaching methods based on assessment, adapt instructional material per the needs of the children
-Responsible for organizing the classroom learning and providing a level of behavior management in the classroom
– As well as all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Director
Apply email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
In the subject line, please indicate “Special Education Teacher”
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Child Study Center of New York offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.