The Child Study Center of New York
Posted OnOctober 9, 2018
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelMaster's Degree
School Name: The Child Study Center of New York (CSC)
School Site: 167 Clermont Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205
Work Schedule: 12 Month
Here at CSC, we believe in the abilities of all, and implement standards–based approaches to teaching, learning and development tailored to the unique needs of our children in our responsive child centered-school community. Our goal is to provide our children with the academic, developmental and social-emotional skills, strategies and supports they need in order to successfully enter, over time, the most appropriate least restrictive learning environment possible. We are seeking candidates with the capacity to create collaborative, results-driven learning environments grounded in the principles of social emotional learning, positive behavior supports and standards-based instructional experiences with modifications where all children and their families feel understood, secure and supported in their growth as they attain learning readiness and beyond!
Licensed, certified School Psychologist with satisfactory ratings and attendance
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Because roles in small schools are varied and complex, serious consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate in their resume and cover letter experience and/or willingness to commit the school’s mission and core beliefs and to become involved in these essential aspects:
– Meet all counseling requirements mandated by the IEP
– Conducting initial evaluations, ongoing observations, and other assessments to conduct annual updates
– Working collaboratively with the IEP’s, families, and central staff members
– Signing off on social worker’s session notes in EasyTrac system
– Developing and reviewing IEP’s, and clinical and educational reports
– Providing professional development, training and technical assistance on the referral, assessment, and evaluation of the culturally and diverse students, families and community partners servicing students with disabilities
– Developing and providing crisis intervention
– Presenting professional workshops for other staff on a yearly basis
– Completing reports as required
– Attending conferences and professional developments as required
– As well as all other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Program Director
– Willingness to carry out above duties and responsibilities
– Experience conducting observations, evaluations, related services and assessments
– Experience providing professional development on topics related to the assessment, evaluation and education of the students
– Evidence of building strong relationships with professional peers, parents, and community members with a collaborative approach to managing projects and activities
– Knowledge of New York State laws and Standard Operating Procedures relating to students with disabilities across the continuum of services, inclusive of Prekindergarten
Apply email Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
In the subject line, please indicate “School Psychologist”
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Child Study Center of New York offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.