The Arc of Loudoun
ABA Program Manager, BCBA
Posted OnMay 28, 2021
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
ABA Program Manager, BCBA
Are you a certified ABA professional and collaborative leader with exceptional organization, communication, and writing skills? Do you have stellar customer service, patience and time management skills? If you have the passion for working in a clinic setting with children with special needs and high intensity behaviors, this may be the job for you! Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and meaningful organization!
Schedule: Monday – Thursday 11am – 7pm, Friday 9am – 5pm, flexible
ABA Program Manager Summary:
Providing leadership and organizational management in the following areas: behavior-analytic programming, supervision of behavior therapists, staff development, parent training, and report writing.
The Aurora Behavior Clinic is a specialized program that is designed for children with autism and related developmental disabilities which not only emphasizes verbal behavior instruction but also focuses on increasing appropriate behavior and social skills.
• Maintain an average of 30-35 hours per week providing direct, billable ABA services (e.g. supervision of session, parent training, etc.)
• Supervise implementation of individualized treatment plans, Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs), or program goals.
• Evaluate, develop and implement services for clients’ skill acquisition procedures and behavior interventions
• Write high-quality behavior-analytic reports (e.g. progress reports, treatment plans, discharge reports, etc.)
• Supervise data collection using electronic data collection system
• Work collaboratively and professionally with ABC staff and other stakeholders such as parents, IEP teams, OTs, SLPs, BCaBAs, and Director
• Evaluate and provide ongoing feedback and trainings to staff
• Work directly with students with disabilities who may demonstrate target behaviors
• Meet essential deadlines within administrative and data reporting process
• Implement Professional Crisis Management (PCM) Techniques after completing and receiving a passing score on the training components
• Flexible with daily routines
• Other job related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• 2 or more years of leadership and organizational management implementing ABA therapy
• Experience working with children and adolescents who have are special needs and/or have been diagnosed with a developmental delay
• Ability to work with students who may demonstrate high intensity/aggressive behaviors
• Sound understanding of the Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Verbal Behavior
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Data driven problem solving and decision making skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
• Knowledge of and experience with transition services
• Knowledge and experience with assistive technology, including pictures
• Special Education background preferred
• Familiar with sign language preferred
• Bilingual skills preferred, but not required
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
• Master’s Degree in Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology or Special Education preferred
• Certification/License: BCBA (or BCaBA) preferred; VA License as Behavior Analysis or Assistant Behavior Analyst (through the VA Department of Medicine) Professional Development and Training
• Maintain BACB Certification (and Virginia Licensure), if applicable
• Seek out necessary resources to maintain current in trends and research about topics related to the field, including ABA and Autism
• Attend all mandatory staff and team meetings
• Attend program and company trainings and professional development opportunities, as required
• Participate in annual Prevention Crisis Management training Physical Requirements
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time
• Effectively implement and physically implement PCM procedures (when trained)
• Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
• Ability to bend, reach, lift and hold objects
• Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
• Employer paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
• Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
• Employee sponsored 401k plan with match
• Paid sick and personal days, along with paid holidays and closures
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in being our ABA Program Manager, BCBA? Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role, along with salary requirement to Emily Paul, Human Resources Generalist, at email@example.com. We will reach out to those whose qualifications best meet our requirements.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.