The Arc of Loudoun
Posted OnMay 28, 2021
Experience LevelEntry Level
Education LevelHigh School Diploma
We’re hiring ABA Instructors to join The Aurora School within The Arc of Loudoun in Leesburg, VA! Ideal candidate is patient and supportive, as well as has experience working with children with special needs and behavioral issues. If you are passionate about working in a collaborative and innovative learning environment, among students with neurological and developmental disabilities ages 5-22, this may be the job for you. Exciting opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organization!
The Aurora School is a 12-month day program that provides a collaborative and innovative learning environment for students for students 5-22 years of ages with Autism and other developmental disabilities. This is a fast-paced work environment.
ABA Instructor Job Summary:
Provide instruction that is based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis with an emphasis in Verbal Behavior.
• Responsible for day-to-day student programming in a fast paced environment
• Learn and carry out student programming and Behavior Plans for up to 4-6 students
• May be responsible for 1:1, 2:1, or 3:1 student/instructor ratio
• Implement a student’s Individual Education Program (IEP), Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), or program goals under the supervision and direction of the supervisor
• Record and track IEP progress through daily data collection
• Create, maintain, and organize a student’s materials and work space
• Manage student data, including daily probe sheets, progress reports, BIPs, and behavioral data sheets
• Assist students in the restroom with toileting needs and hygiene goals
• Provide input on student progress in quarterly progress reports to parents and/or school systems or as required
• Work collaboratively with other disciplines, such as BCBAs, OTs, and SLPs, and other teach members, such as other ABA Instructors
• Attending staff and classroom meetings
• Cooperative and flexible participation within a team and among other teams
• Attend Community Based Instruction (CBI) to help students generalize skills
• Other job related duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor
Required Qualifications (Essential Experience /Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
• Knowledge of ABA Principles and Verbal Behavior
• Experience working with individuals with autism and/or other special needs who are vocal and/or non-vocal with behavioral issues
• Knowledge and experience with assistive technology
• Ability to problem solve academic and behavior intervention programs
• Experience with data collection and analysis
• Experience with high intensity behavior issues/physical aggressive behavior
• High degree of professionalism and work-ethic
• Strong attention to attendance and punctuality
• Proficiency in computer systems and technology, including Microsoft Office
• Bilingual skills preferred, but not required
• High School diploma required
• Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, education, speech, or other related field preferred
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time
• Effectively implement and physically implement PCM procedures (when trained)
• Frequent change in position from sitting to standing to walking
• Ability to bend, reach, lift and hold objects
• Full employee covered health and dental insurance, optional vision plan
• Employer paid Life/AD&D, short and long term disability insurance
• Flexible spending accounts with employer contribution to healthcare FSA
• Employee sponsored 401k plan with match
• Paid sick and personal days, along with paid school holidays and closures (follow LCPS)
• Supervision for those pursuing BACB Certification as BCaBA, BCBA, and/or RBT
The Arc of Loudoun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested in being our ABA Instructor? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter (brief summary stating why you think this is the place for you) to Emily Paul, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.