The Arc Jacksonville
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Posted OnOctober 12, 2017
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelMaster's Degree
The Arc Jacksonville (Arc) has been growing steadily and is now seeking to incorporate best practices throughout the organization. The Board and President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization, leading an executive management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The COO must be a leader who is able to help others at The Arc Jacksonville deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the vision a reality. Importantly, the successful COO will have the skills, sensitivity, and personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission. The COO will acquire the knowledge of all programs and services, internal operations, develop relationships with stakeholders, board functions, and all other aspects of the organization.
Reporting to the CEO, the COO is second-in-command and is responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of services and programs, operations, development of policies and procedures, and efficiency of business.
While it is essential that the COO bring efficient and effective systems to increase the quality and productivity of the organization, it is also critical that he team retain the creative spark that drives The Arc Jacksonville’s vision.
The COO will provide leadership to the following Vice-Presidents and programs:
Vice-President, Mental Health
Vice-President, Day Programs
College OCT, OCT Residential and Summer Life
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must accept and believe in the core values of Arc and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new ground to lead social change. Beyond that, we are seeking a candidate that has proven experience in scaling a multi-site organization and a demonstrated ability to both lead and build capabilities of a bright and diverse team of staff and board members. The Arc is driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized. Additional requirements are:
· Leadership and Organization – exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect to staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders, cultivate entrepreneurship
· General Management – thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources and marketing
· Results – proven track record of exceeding goals, evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management, and creative resourcefulness
· Strategic Vision – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
· Capacity Building – ability to effectively build organizational and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
· Action Oriented – enjoys working hard and looks for challenges: able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of situation
· Solid Education Background – undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired and preferred; professional background managing programs and services for individuals with developmental differences desired and preferred
Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
· Working in partnership with the CEO, Board and staff create the strategic-three-year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve goals
· Serve as the internal leader of the organization, coordinate the annual operations plan and program budgets, provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence
· Lead and manage the organization’s Vice-Presidents
· Identify growth opportunities and priorities to include new business ventures
· Monitor program quality and produce and implement a balanced scorecard metric throughout the organization
· Monitor program compliance with all regulatory guidelines and mandates
· Develop a reporting and program measurement and evaluation system
· Improve and monitor safety program, develop facilities maintenance plan and project building/equipment upgrades and replacement needs
· Passionate about Arc’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to external and internal stakeholders
· Identify opportunities to include stakeholders in focus groups and surveys to seek input on current level of service/program satisfaction and future needs
· Cultivate the values of the Arc within the organization
· Instill a human capital development and “coaching” culture with Arc
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a highly-effective and innovative organization in the development of best practices in programs and services and to seek new approaches to community inclusive settings while partnering with the CEO and senior management team. The Arc will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, health, retirement and vacation benefits.
Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.