The Arc Baltimore
VP of Quality Supports
Posted OnSeptember 15, 2021
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelMaster's Degree
This is a senior management position that provides high-level leadership especially with respect to Quality Supports. The Vice President of Quality Supports is responsible for the quality of services provided by all programs and supports. This includes the direct oversight of the Holistic Support Managers, Outreach and Intake Department, Training Department, Quality Enhancement Team, Nursing Contract, Self-Advocacy Group and other departments as assigned. This position leads the continuous evaluation of data, systems, policies, procedures and practices and makes recommendations for ongoing improvement to enhance the lives of those supported.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promote and ensure adherence to agency mission and philosophy assuring that individuals are treated with respect and are empowered to make good decisions.
2. Lead the Quality Supports division ensuring compliance with all regulatory bodies. This includes ensuring there are proper systems in place for checks and balances and accountability.
3. Oversee the implementation of the Person Centered Planning process and implementation to ensure supports are truly person driven while balancing health, safety and well-being as appropriate and in accordance with the State of Maryland Person Centered Plan Policy.
4. Oversee the agency’s Quality Enhancement plan, including reporting to the Board of Directors Quality Enhancement Committee and the Human Rights Committee, working with the Risk Management Committee and each department to identify measurable outcomes that will promote continuous quality improvement in the agency’s provision of services.
5. Continuously transform the organization’s training to ensure all team members are given the necessary tools to be successful in their jobs. This includes ensuring trainings are flexible to meet the needs of team members.
6. In conjunction with the Director of Quality Enhancement, Oversee reporting, investigation process and plans of correction for incidents to assure current regulations and policies are being followed, individuals are being treated fairly and with respect and that the agency is taking all necessary actions to ensure the safety and health of all individuals. Monitor the implementation of the Plans of Correction to ensure properly followed.
7. In conjunction with the Director of Support Management, drives the advocacy efforts for those supported, by supervising and leading the Holistic Support Managers.
8. Serve as the primary liaison for OHCQ, DDA and other quality licensing bodies.
9. Provide support with external accreditation review including pre-review activities, actual on-sight review and follow-up with any recommendations.
10. Monitor the nursing services provided by Dimensional Healthcare and act as the primary liaison.
11. In conjunction with the Director of Outreach, oversee the Outreach and Intake division and evaluate services to ensure the agency is able to meet people’s needs as appropriate. Oversee Information and referrals as well as administration of the family fund.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.