We are currently seeking a community moderator for an exciting new company that offers the opportunity to directly impact families raising children with disabilities on a large scale.
Our private, online community plays a major role in the day-to-day operations of Special X. The community moderator will work closely with the head of community to help shape and grow engagement in our fledgling community.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a plan to seed, grow, moderate, and retain engagement in a growing private online community
- Deep knowledge of all community content in order to share relevant resources with members/groups
- Tracking engagement, data, and feedback to help inform community trends and priorities
- Helping shape moderator guidelines and playbook
- Daily interaction, troubleshooting, cheerleading, and gentle enforcement with community members
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for small group formation and growth
- Creating small group moderator roles while ensuring consistency throughout the platform
- Promoting and contributing to outreach campaigns for events, content sharing, and brand awareness
- Maintaining creative engagement incentives: memes, contests, offline engagements, campaigns, etc.
- Collaborating with multiple departments, primarily content/editorial, to incorporate community needs and priorities into programming
- Promoting and amplifying our voice, mission, and culture of inclusivity
- 20+ hours per week
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience as an online community moderator and/or administrator with groups
- Experience with developing a community from the ground up
- Experience overseeing and directing community builders
- Created their own community engagement playbook
- Comfort working within a start-up environment (read: creative, flexible, fluid, organized, and positive!)
- Ability to have mission-driven, authentic interactions with parents raising children with disabilities
- Ability to engage a diverse set of parents with insight and compassion, and help build more focused micro-communities within the larger platform
- An inclusive, supportive approach to engagement: must balance and support a wide range of perspectives, and help everyone feel safe sharing their experiences
- Growth skillset
- Experience working in some capacity with developmental disabilities a huge plus, i.e., as a parent, sibling, graduate student, case manager, or social worker
- Ability to work remotely yet collaboratively
- Tech-savvy and comfortable using social media platforms including Slack, Google Suite, Vimeo, Zoom, etc.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
How to Apply
Employment Type: Contract
Contact: Lindsay Crain, Head of Special X Community, at email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.