South Bay Community Services
Associate Medical Director
Posted OnMay 20, 2020
Experience LevelNot Specified
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for assisting in the coordination and oversight of medical care provided at South Bay Community Services. Our Associate Medical Director will provide professional perspective and direction in development of the both the health care plan as well as the strategic plan for SBCS.
This is a part time role with flexible hours.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide direct client care
· Provide professional oversight and guidance for advanced practice nurses
· Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines
· Support efforts to promote wellness concepts and self-responsibility for health
· Assist with South Bay quality improvement system incorporating quality outcome indicators
· Assist with the development and update of medical care policies, protocols and procedures
· Participate in the development and implementation of guidelines and procedures for client care and service delivery
· Collaborate in the development of a continuing medical education policy and assures oversight of compliance
· Consult with the Medical Director and appropriate administrative staff on staff selection, evaluation, and termination of advanced practice nurses and doctors
· Provide clinical training as requested
· Assist with the coordination of the clinic’s relationship with community hospitals and psychiatric emergency services
· Provide client evaluation for development of the medical component of treatment plans
· Provide coverage for Medical Director and/or other medical staff as needed, traveling to sites as required
· Perform other duties as required.
Experience & Skills
Licensed psychiatrist in the state of Massachusetts and board certified (or board eligible) by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with five years practice experience. Demonstrated professional commitment to providing services to medically underserved persons. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Proficient with Microsoft Office products and electronic health record systems. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
To apply please follow this link: https://cis.avature.net/sbcsjobs/JobDetail/Worcester-Massachusetts-United-States-Associate-Medical-Director/10336
Submit your resume to: email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.