As the Education Director you:
- Are responsible for the supervision and direction of the type II school programs for assigned location with student enrollments totaling less than 30 students.
- Are Responsible for the day-to-day running of the type II programs, including hiring and assigning substitutes and working effectively with the building Principals and public school administrative staff.
- Coordinate curriculum development, classroom behavioral management, and extracurricular activities for type II programs.
- Supervise, support, and evaluate teaching staff.
- Collaborate and work closely with the public school leaders and the non-public school office, referring school(s) and agencies, and clinical staff to facilitate communication, operations, and strategies.
- Master’s degree in special education/administration.
- Must possess either:
- (a) MSDE professional certification as a special education principal or
- (b) MSDE professional teaching certification in special education at time of appointment and continuously while in position. MSDE certification as a special education principal (Administrator II level) is preferred; individual will be required to obtain MSDE Administrator certification within specified time frame.
- At least 3 years of teaching experience, including experience in a special education setting.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must have current valid Driver’s License to travel between school locations, to other Forbush programs, and to the Towson campus for school leadership meetings.
How to Apply
Apply on our website using the link below:
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.