Planned Giving Officer
LocationUnion Grove, WI
Posted OnAugust 3, 2018
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
The Planned Giving Officer serves as the primary college solicitor of planned gifts in furthering the mission of Shepherds College. The Planned Giving Officer is responsible for strategic leadership and direction of our gift planning effort. Planned giving is a significant component of a comprehensive development program at the ministry. It compliments other forms of fundraising, especially major gifts solicitation. The main focus of this position will be to develop strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors throughout the giving process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Responsible for a portfolio of 125-150 planned and major giving prospects and donors annually who are in various stages of identification, prospects cultivated, solicitations, proposals developed and gifts closed and administering open estates through distribution and closing.
– Secure, schedule and record visits. Prepares regular reports of major and planned gift activity and results against target to provide basis for assessing success rate.
– Work closely with Associate Vice President of Marketing to promote an program that promotes bequests, charitable trusts, gift annuities and other estate planning strategies as they relate to philanthropy. These marketing efforts shall focus on educating and informing Shepherds College constituents on the opportunities inherent in tax-wise giving.
– Must remain professionally current on state and federal taxes, gift and estate tax giving methods and the legal aspects of charitable giving techniques. Proven ability to work collaboratively with private wealth advisors, attorneys, CPA’s etc.
– Serve as a liaison between Shepherds College and the ministry’s investment firm, who are responsible for managing annuity and trust investments and ensuring compliance is current.
– Works with the Vice President of Advancement for the raising, processing, acknowledging and recognizing major and planned gifts.
– Maintains the highest levels of confidentiality, clear communication about the representation of the College.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
– Born again Christian committed to a local Bible believing church with a lifestyle that is in agreement with the Shepherds College Mission Statement
– Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with at least five or more years of experience showing success in fundraising or planned giving with a proven record of success in identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding planned gifts from individuals.
– A clear knowledge and understanding of gift planning methodologies and strategies.
– Demonstrated experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects, donors and developing strategies.
– Demonstrated successful experience in soliciting, negotiating and closing planned gifts or major gifts of $10,000 or more and building long term relationships with donors.
– A commitment to excellent job performance and teamwork is essential as is a record of success in fundraising and willingness to travel and work with potential donors including occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ciara Huntemann, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.