ServiceSource is seeking a seasoned, innovative Regional Executive Director to lead its regional human service programs for youth and adults with disabilities in Delaware and their affirmative employment contracts throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region and across the country. Based in Wilmington, Delaware, ServiceSource’s Delaware Regional Office (SSDRO) is a leading provider of innovative employment and rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities.
Founded in 1971, ServiceSource envisions communities that welcome, value, and support the full diversity of their members. ServiceSource’s mission is to facilitate services and partnerships that support people with disabilities, their families, their caregivers, and community members in order to build more inclusive communities. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, ServiceSource operates regional offices in Wilmington, DE; Fayetteville, NC; and Clearwater, FL. In fiscal year 2019, ServiceSource and the regional offices served over 27,000 persons with disabilities through innovative rehabilitation, employment, and information/referral services.
The ServiceSource Delaware Regional Office (SSDRO) offers a wide range of services designed to assist individuals with disabilities and others with significant barriers to employment to gain or regain the skills and confidence they need to launch or resume a career and/or to maximize their participation in the communities in which they live. With program sites in Dover and Wilmington, DE, the SSDRO served 1,500 Delawareans with disabilities in FY19. The statewide programs assist participants through the following innovative, individualized, outcome-driven programs:
- Employment and Rehabilitation Services: ServiceSource offers support in job placement, coaching, and retention; training; career assessment; supported employment; retirement program; and more.
- Youth Transition Services: ServiceSource offers FrameWORK for Success, a school-to-career program, providing students with disabilities (ages 18-21) the opportunity to explore jobs and post-secondary education in advance of graduating from High School.
- Financial Coaching and Social Security Benefit Counseling: In partnership with StandbyMe, the SSDRO provides financial coaching and social security benefit counseling to Delawareans with disabilities throughout the state. The program is designed to help individuals improve their credit, reduce their debt, and build a solid financial foundation for themselves and their families.
- Autism Services: ServiceSource offers a specialized employment program serving adults diagnosed on the autistic spectrum and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome. The program helps prepare individuals for employment, locate jobs, and be successful at retaining jobs in their community. Services include vocational counseling, job coaching, personalized instruction and training, networking with employers, and the specialized Retail Employees Training Initiative (REDI) in partnership with Walgreens.
- Day Habilitation Services: The SSDRO operates the Riverfront Community Center in Wilmington and a Senior Center in Dover, Delaware. The programs serve 50+ individuals with disabilities who are seeking activities other than employment. In FY19, the individuals in the programs participated in a variety of community activities including advocacy, volunteering with other community partners, and other participant-driven activities.
- Affirmative Employment: The SSDRO provides professional outsourcing services to commercial businesses, the Department of Defense, and other federal, state, and local government agencies. ServiceSource directly employs people with disabilities under the federal AbilityOne and Delaware State-Use programs.
- AbilityOne: The SSDRO currently manages thirteen contracts in the Mid-Atlantic Region and throughout the United States through the AbilityOne Program. The AbilityOne Program is the largest source of employment for people with disabilities, by providing products and services for the Federal government and DoD. The SSDRO lines of business include food service, custodial services, contract management, billeting, and laundry. Contracts are in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Alabama, and North Carolina. The AbilityOne Program is a key revenue and employment driver for the SSDRO and employs over 100 individuals and veterans with disabilities.
- Delaware State-Use: The SSDRO currently manages a custodial contract in Wilmington, Delaware through the state-use program. The contract employs twelve employees and is the home of the Governor’s Office.
The ServiceSource Delaware Regional Office includes a staff of 45+, operates on an annual budget of nearly $10M, and served 1,500 individuals with disabilities in FY19. It advances ServiceSource’s vision to provide the highest quality services to individuals with disabilities and achieves this vision through the power of its people, effective leadership, commitment to innovation, strategic alliances, efficient information management, and proven financial strength. ServiceSource is a member of the Ability Network of Delaware, the Delaware Alliance of Nonprofit Advancement, and National ACCSES and maintains a three-year CARF accreditation for rehabilitation programs. See more information at www.servicesource.org/services-by-state/Delaware.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Regional Operations, the Regional Executive Director will provide leadership to the organization, manage its day-to-day affairs, and serve as the face of the organization in Delaware. The Regional Executive Director leads a local management team of seven dedicated professionals committed to the ServiceSource mission. These team members include the Director of Employment Services, the Director of Business Operations, Facilities/Maintenance Manager, Quality Control Manager, Human Resource Manager, Finance Manager, and the Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Develop and implement a plan of action to meet with existing stakeholders, funders, and community leaders to establish him/herself as the face of the SSDRO.
- Implement a cohesive, productive, and efficient management team that aligns with personal leadership style.
- Accomplish the goals and objectives in the FY20 strategic plan and meet the financial targets of the FY20 budget.
- Identify new rehabilitation and/or affirmative employment opportunities to serve more individuals with disabilities in the SSDRO portfolio.
The Regional Executive Director provides leadership to deliver on all programmatic and financial goals, successfully managing and accomplishing all rehabilitation and employment operations within the SSDRO portfolio. Focusing on the future, the executive will continue to advance ServiceSource’s tradition of program and service innovation and effectiveness. S/he will help the regional office anticipate and navigate the changes that will occur in the coming years – changes in Delaware’s care system, funding, program tools, and demographics impacting the people and communities served. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide executive leadership to the regional office, including:
- Develop annual plans that align with the corporate strategic plan;
- Generate measurable priorities, goals, and tactics;
- Inform the performance management and evaluation system.
- Develop and monitor appropriate and effective management controls, including preparing and monitoring annual operating budget, implementing performance management system, and other such controls.
- Advance a thriving office environment that supports a cohesive staff team and creates efficient, effective systems for delivering services.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that conform to CARF, AbilityOne, the Department of Labor, and other regulatory requirements and that maintain a safe program operating environment.
- Negotiate and manage federal, state, and local contracts within company procedures.
- Assess and strengthen the development of rehabilitation services, ensuring careful monitoring of changes to Delaware’s system of service delivery and identifying opportunities to grow programs and services throughout Delaware.
External Relationship Duties:
- Deepen involvement in business and community development targeted to grow the mission and service of the organization.
- Strengthen and promote ServiceSource’s brand at the local and state government levels.
- Serve as the face of the SSDRO, presenting ServiceSource’s programs to the public and community stakeholders.
- Promote and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, agency administrators, and community partners involved in service to the individuals served through the SSDRO.
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will share ServiceSource’s commitment to providing exceptional services to individuals with disabilities and its philosophy that the people it serves are active, integral, and valued members of the communities in which it operates. Highly qualified candidates will bring a variety of experiences and attributes, including:
- Minimum ten (10) years’ progressively increasing management experience in the rehabilitation, employment, and support services arena for adults with disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management for programs and/or services in federal, state, or commercial markets.
- A team-building leadership style with a track record of building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships. Preferred experience with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders.
- High self-initiative with an ability to exercise prudent, independent decision-making.
- Strong, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to align with ServiceSource’s seven values, IBRIDGE:
- Impact: to support and engage people of all abilities;
- Building: relationships;
- Respect: for individual needs and choices;
- Integrity: through stewardship and compliance;
- Diversity: of thought and participation;
- Growth: through innovation and learning;
- Excellence: of purpose and performance.
- Resident of the Wilmington, DE area or willingness to relocate before accepting the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance available.
How to Apply
To apply, upload cover letter with and salary requirements and resume by clicking here. * For other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow-Schirf at email@example.com.
Communications will be treated with confidence and resumes will be accepted until position is filled. ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Resume review begins immediately.
About Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group
On behalf of ServiceSource, Raffa – Marcum’s Nonprofit and Social Sector Group is working with the Board of Directors to advance the search. Founded in 1984 and recently merged with Marcum, Raffa is, and always has been, a mission-driven professional services firm seeking to do more for nonprofits and socially conscious companies like ServiceSource.
*If the link doesn’t work, go to: https://curawebservices.mindscope.com/RAFFA04463_CURA/Aspx/form.aspx?lang=en&Job_ID=426&source=SSDE
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.