Support the continued growth and excellence of service in this dynamic non-profit organization in the Chicago south suburbs striving to provide opportunities that empower individuals with disabilities to achieve personal success. This position is a key member of the leadership team that develops the strategic plan, determines agency policy, and facilitates a positive performance based culture. The team assures the individuals we work with, their families, and their community are served with the highest level of respect, dignity, and quality of care to meet their unique needs. If you want “to be in the room where it happens,” come join our Executive Management Team.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the oversight of Talent Management, Employee Relations, Compensation Planning, Compliance, and Organizational Safety. Networking and involvement in professional HR organizations is encouraged and supported. Staff members are also encouraged to continue skill development and education through our tuition program and paid external training. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, eleven paid holidays, and generous paid time off.
- Recruit and complete initial screening of prospective employees including: job advertisements/postings, reviewing applications and reference checks.
- Manage the personnel documentation system and assure timely and accurate completion and filing of documents to meet agency needs and comply with all applicable laws/regulations.
- Manage an employee evaluation system with individual employee goals which challenges employees to grow and improve their job performance; and, assure its consistent implementation.
- Work in conjunction with supervisors and managers to handle employee job performance issues and counseling of employees. Oversee and facilitate the resolution of employee grievances in accordance with agency policy.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all employment policies and practices including regular review and revision of the Employee Handbook.
- Work in conjunction with the Associate Director of Finance and IT and other staff to determine employee raises and bonuses based on employees’ performance, length of service, and other factors. Complete all calculations, reporting, and documentation to implement pay changes and report information to Payroll Department.
- Develop and administer all employee benefits including the systems, policies, procedures, and recordkeeping. Benefits included are: vacation, sick and other leaves; all insurance related to employment, cafeteria plan, 403B plans, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of human resources.
- Five years supervisory experience.
- Experience in the non-profit, disability services field preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with HRM, Time & Attendance, and Payroll software.
- Human resources professional certification by a recognized authority (SHRM, HRCI).
- Superior honesty and integrity.
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations with a broad spectrum of cultural backgrounds, educational levels, and technical knowledge.
- Excellent judgment.
- Effective messaging and negotiation skills.
- Ability to de-escalate stressful situations.
How to Apply
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
If interested, please apply online via our website, www.sertomacentre.org,
click on “Career Opportunities” and “Search Here.”
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.