SEEC is a progressive nonprofit agency located in Silver Spring, Maryland, which provides a wide range of community supports to help people with developmental disabilities live the lives they choose. Supports are provided solely in the community and are directed by the interests, needs, and aspirations of each person.
The Community Engagement Program Director position provides administrative and operational leadership for the Community Engagement Program supports and services provided to the people we support. The program Manager oversees, guides, and mentors front-line supervisors and their teams in their tactical implementation of the agency’s mission and vision. This position is responsible for all programmatic and administrative functions across the program’s services and maintain close collaboration and partnership with other program directors.
- Oversees and lead day-to-day operations for the program’s support teams and people supported by SEEC.
- Develops, monitors and reports out on program goals as approved by the Dept Director.
Monitor and improve program quality, effectiveness and efficiency as defined by Dept director
- Monitor agency compliance for program (for those regulatory bodies that apply)-MD DDA, MD DORS, DC-DDA, DC-RSA, Ticket to Work.
- Ensures excellent program supports and services, and lead monitoring of quality supports through direct observation and timely feedback.
- Supports teams and front-line supervisors to ensure adequate and appropriate staffing/scheduling is in place for each person supported.
- Establishes and maintains effective and trusted working relationships with the people we support and their families.
- Serves as a resource for people supported and their support teams/families to ensure high quality services.
- Provides leadership, supervision and mentoring for front-line supervisors and is accessible and available for all staff to help problem-solve, make timely decisions and provide opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Ensures all personnel-related documentation is completed to agency standards and in a timely manner.
- Maintains strong collaborative working relationships with SEEC’s departments.
Participates actively in cross agency working groups and committees.
- Represents our agency at an external committee related to your program or related to our role in the community.
- Acts as an ambassador for SEEC externally.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited college of university (Master’s degree or equivalent preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time experience with individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years in management/supervisory experience.
- Experience managing budgets, maintaining compliance standards and setting up and sustaining quality assurance systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
If you think you meet the qualifications, we would love to speak with you!
SEEC is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce in an inclusive culture environment. SEEC does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
How to Apply
Please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
or APPLY HERE
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.