What It Means to Work Here
When you join our team at SFUSD you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused organization that approaches public education as a social justice movement, requiring broad collaboration across an array of strategic partners. In 2014 SFUSD created an inspiring statement, Vision 2025, which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing credential required. Support 6-8 grade students with multiple disabilities & hearing loss; must simultaneously communicate (signing & speaking) in classroom and be familiar with Total Communication philosophy. Will be working in mod/severe classroom.
What We Offer
SFUSD offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
● Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
● Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
● City and state programs for housing assistance:
● Teacher Next Door Program: http://sf-moh.org/index.aspx?page=287
● Extra Credit Home Purchase Program: http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/applications/applications.asp?app=ecthpp
● Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers and
● Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high need schools and a $1000 stipend for teachers teaching high need subject areas.
How to Apply
● Go to: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
● Create an account and complete an application. SFUSD looks very carefully at the entire application, including the short answer response
● Go to the “Apply to Jobs” tab to view and apply for specific openings. This opening is listed under job requisition # 146898. The link can be found HERE.
Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted. Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district and current selection criteria. For more information about careers at SFUSD, please visit www.sfusdjobs.org. For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit www.sfusd.edu. For other questions, contact us at email@example.com.
San Francisco Unified School District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. SFUSD does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Please follow this LINK to apply.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.