Director of Campus Life
LocationCamp Verde, AZ
Posted OnOctober 5, 2021
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelMaster's Degree
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
TITLE: Director of Campus Life
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
SUMMARY: The Director of Campus Life is a member of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for the leadership of the Caregivers; building a Caregiver team that is consistent, logical and provides professional service. He/she provides oversight of daily operations and/or programs assigned with an emphasis on education and development, collaboration, quality improvement and empowerment. He/she is responsible for the identification, selection and supervision of talented caregivers with ultimate responsibility for the delivery of quality care for all of the residents. The Director of Campus Life works collaboratively with members of the Senior Leadership Team to align Rainbow Acres’ mission, vision and values throughout the organization and ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as all federal, state, and local regulations.
· Primary responsibility for the day-to-day supervision and management of Caregivers:
o Participates in applicant interviews and the selection of candidates
o Ensures that staff participate in orientation and educational programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, in addition to educational offerings specific to the caregiver role
o Reviews employee performance and conducts personnel actions such as disciplinary actions and terminations
o Regularly conducts/holds meetings with the Caregivers ensuring timely and accurate communication on topics impacting the group
o Identifies the development needs of the Caregivers and provides coaching, mentoring to improve their knowledge or skills as required
· Develops, researches, and implements effective education programs/offerings; ultimately building a highly-skilled Caregiver team.
· Takes responsibility for building an effective team through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid results.
· Builds strong working relationships organization wide.
· Ensures effective, timely and accurate communications flow, collaborating with all of the various areas within Rainbow Acres.
· Effectively collaborates/works with the leadership of all of the various areas to ensure that each resident has a comprehensive, purposeful, and individualized care plan. Participates in meetings to monitor progress in the achievement of resident goals.
· Works effectively with the Academy team to build a highly-effectively cross-functional team with a focus on the highest quality of care/support for the residents.
· Ensures that residents receive the highest quality of care/service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the resident’s individual needs and rights.
· Works with the caregiver team to implement systems and processes to ensure rancher homes are clean, organized, and in good order. Works cross-functionally to address any maintenance issues.
· Participates in the planning process for the organization.
· Works with the management team to assure compliance with state/federal regulations and all organization policies and procedures.
· An interest or previous experience serving in a faith-based organization.
· 5-7 years of experience in a Director or similar management role. Experience working with adults with developmental disabilities is strongly preferred.
· Experience in a caregiving role and clinical relatability is required.
· A Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in Education, Social Work, Business or similar field of study. Preference given to board certified behavior analyst or individual pursuing certification.
· Ability to demonstrate successful operations experience related to assisted living.
· Demonstrated strong leadership skills with proven experience in leading high functioning, effective teams.
· Proven ability to develop and effectively implement developmental/education offerings that foster the development of a highly skilled work team.
· Exceptional communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and have dexterity of hands and arms, with occasional light lifting. The employee may sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Lighting and temperature are adequate and controlled. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
Interested applicants should apply on our website www.rainbowacres.com.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.