LocationNorth Kingstown, RI
Posted OnSeptember 21, 2018
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelHigh School Diploma
Perspectives Corporation is hiring a full time Vocational Specialist to join our Employment Department.
Perspectives Corporation is a private agency whose purpose is to help people with developmental, intellectual and other disabilities participate in and contribute to community life, empowering them with the dignity of being fully independent as possible. If you are seeking rewarding, purposeful work and want to be part of a growing team of professionals, come join Perspectives Corporation’s Employment Department, Rhode Island’s top performing employment team supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to achieve their career goals!
The Vocational Specialist assists participants with choosing, preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment. More specifically, the Vocational Specialist works directly with participants to discuss options and goals, develop and maintain relationships with the Office of Rehabilitation Services, employers and other community members, locate barriers to employment and work with participants to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers, hold meetings and workshops to develop work skills, facilitate assessments and evaluations, role model for direct support professionals, maintain close contact with participants during job training and placement(s) to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy and prepares and maintain records and reports by monitoring and documenting progress.
– High school degree or equivalent
– Two years of demonstrating excellence in providing supported employment
– Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to participants and their caregivers
– Strong verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
– Strong documentation skills, both written and in a computer database
– Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
– High energy & motivation to help participants succeed
– The ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
– Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insured vehicle
– Post high school education or certificate in a social services, business or related field or equivalent experience
– Certification in ACRE approved training, CESP or present proof of enrollment in an employment specialist program
In return, Perspectives Corporation offers progressive employee benefits, such as:
Competitive rates of pay
Generous paid time off
Evolving career opportunities (*)
Exceptional medical and dental benefits
Aflac Supplemental Insurance (optional at employee’s expense)
401K Retirement Plan
Health club membership discounts
AAA membership discounts
Verizon mobile discount
Employee referral bonuses
Employee recognition programs and incentives
Dynamic working environment
(*)Perspectives Corporation promotes employee development with advancement opportunities within the agency. This includes tuition reimbursement, management “in-training” programs, a comprehensive New Employee Orientation. Perspectives Corporation also offers continued training opportunities such as American Sign Language (ASL) classes, DSP Mentor Program, NADSP (The National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals) and CPR certification.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 401-294-9879.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.