LocationNorth Kingstown, RI
Posted OnSeptember 21, 2018
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelNot Specified
Perspectives Corporation is hiring a full time Career Developer to join our Employment Department. For over 40 years, our creativity, flexibility and commitment to those we support and their families has helped hundreds of individuals with disabilities to become as independent as possible and fully enjoy their lives.
The Career Developer assists individuals with choosing, preparing for, obtaining and maintaining employment. More specifically, the Career Developer works directly with individuals to discuss options and goals, develop and maintain relationships with the Office of Rehabilitation Services, the Division of Developmental Disabilities, employers and other community members, locate barriers to employment and work with individuals to develop strategies for overcoming these barriers, hold or locate meetings and workshops to develop work skills, facilitate assessments and evaluations, role model for direct support professionals, maintain close contact with individuals during job training and placement(s) to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy and prepares and maintain records and reports by monitoring and documenting progress. The Career Developer is also responsible for promoting a positive image of Perspectives Corporation while creating job opportunities for individuals by researching, identifying and soliciting commitments from possible sources of employment. The Career Developer initiates and cultivates employer relationships through various marketing means. This position requires extensive business development activity, including telephone sourcing and face to face meetings.
– Post high school education or certificate in a social services, business or related field or equivalent experience
– Three years of demonstrating excellence in providing supported employment
– Strong verbal, written and face-to-face communication skills
– Strong documentation skills, both written and in a computer database
– Ability to establish rapport and relate sensitively to employers, individuals and their caregivers
– Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
– High energy & motivation to help individuals succeed
– The ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with others
– Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insured vehicle
– A College Degree or certificate in a human services field or equivalent experience
– Success in marketing and/or sales of service environment
– Three years of experience in job development and placement
– Certification in ACRE approved training, CESP or present proof of enrollment in an employment specialist program
In return, Perspectives Corporation offers progressive employee benefits, such as:
Competitive rates of pay
Generous paid time off
Evolving career opportunities (*)
Exceptional medical and dental benefits
Aflac Supplemental Insurance (optional at employee’s expense)
401K Retirement Plan
Health club membership discounts
AAA membership discounts
Verizon mobile discount
Employee referral bonuses
Employee recognition programs and incentives
Dynamic working environment
(*)Perspectives Corporation promotes employee development with advancement opportunities within the agency. This includes tuition reimbursement, management “in-training” programs, a comprehensive New Employee Orientation. Perspectives Corporation also offers continued training opportunities such as American Sign Language (ASL) classes, DSP Mentor Program, NADSP (The National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals) and CPR certification.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 401-294-9879 Attn: AP.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.