Options in Community Living, Inc.
Posted OnJanuary 16, 2024
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelNot Specified
Duties of Options in Community Living’s Executive Director
Leadership, accountability, and administrative management form the executive director’s core duties, specifically to:
Provide Values-Based Leadership within Community by
· fostering a mission-driven spirit of cooperation among staff, board, people supported, and colleagues in community-based support services;
· cultivating positive communication with public and private organizations that affect the mission, goals, and objectives of Options; and
· publicly representing the agency at forums, hearings, meetings, and events, and in the media.
Provide Values-Based Leadership within the Organization by
· providing leadership, direction, and supervision to other leadership staff;
· fostering and recognizing creative ideas, and actualizing them within the organization;
· recruiting new staff, supervising, training, and supporting staff performance;
· evaluating staff growth and performance;
· assigning duties and compensation for all staff; and
· overseeing agency compliance with human resource and employment regulations.
Ensure Fiscal and Program Accountability by
· developing and maintaining a business model that produces exceptional services and sustains financial stability for the organization;
· evaluating and managing risks and opportunities;.
· securing and administering necessary funding to sustain agency services;
· assisting board of directors in agency governance, serving as staff to the board;
· holding end-point responsibility for management of all support and employment-based concerns; and
· managing resources in ways that protect and nurture people supported, staff, and the long-term stability of the organization.
Exercise Sound Administrative Management by
· working with the board of directors and staff to develop, implement, and evaluate the day-to-day work and long-term plans of the organization; and
· developing and supervising the implementation of policies, management systems, and procedures; and
· ensuring adherence to all laws and regulatory requirements.
· Significant lived experience or direct support of people with IDD that demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to working in partnership with people with disabilities and their allies as well as an understanding of and commitment to the values of supporting people with disabilities to be part of community life.
· Strong financial skills, including the ability to ensure sustained financial health and accountable management of the organization, and ability to identify and pursue sufficient funding to support the work of the organization through a variety of sources including fund raising efforts.
· Strong program management skills, with experience in meeting program reporting requirements and supervising staff performance.
· Knowledge of the long-term care service system and ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with long-term care service providers and policy makers.
· Significant experience as an employer, managing compliance with laws and regulations.
· Ability to build relationships with people supported, their families, guardians, and staff at all levels of the organization.
· Capacity to ensure that all staff, at all levels of the organization, feel valued and supported.
· Experience in working in the non-profit sector under the direction of a board of directors and in providing prompt and accurate updates to the board.
· Skills and experience with managing a complex organization and with cultivating and sustaining its collaborative organizational culture.
· Experience in developing and implementing long-range plans.
· Excellent written and verbal skills, and an ability to represent Options at conferences and in meetings, newsletters, social media, and other public venues.
· Skills to develop and sustain good working relationships with key affordable housing, finance, home ownership, development, and regulatory organizations at federal, state, and local levels.
for information on how to apply and how to ask questions.
Applications must be received by noon central time on February 19, 2024. Employment start date planned for early summer and is negotiable.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.