Posted OnJuly 24, 2017
Experience Level10+ Years
Education LevelMaster's Degree
Founded in 1949, NYSARC, Inc. is a family-governed, professionally managed, not-for-profit advocacy and service organization, with 47 community Chapters operating programs in every county in New York State, serving approximately 60,000 individuals, with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. Maintaining over 110,000 members, NYSARC’s mission is to advocate for persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in every manner possible. NYSARC is committed to a full quality of life for every person, as it recognizes the challenges of the present and has a clear vision for the future.
NYSARC, Inc., a member of The Arc, seeks a dynamic Executive Director to lead and provide executive management to our organization supporting and assisting the NYSARC Board of Governors, Executive Committee and Senior Leadership of 47 Operating Chapters across NYS. This is an exciting opportunity to provide strong leadership and vision to a Senior State Office team that works in support of the mission and goals of NYSARC. Dedicated to strong legislative advocacy, membership and public relations, program and operational sustainability, and outstanding quality and compliance throughout our operations, we work to provide support to individuals with developmental and other disabilities and their families across NYS.
The Executive Director will be a change agent with proven leadership skills to build upon NYSARC’s 68-year successful track record. S/he will work alongside a highly skilled professional team that is deeply committed to the success of diverse stakeholders across NYSARC. Especially focused with an engaged Board of Directors, the Executive Director will work to ensure the strength and sustainability of our Chapters in a significantly changing policy and funding environment.
Position Qualifications include:
• A Master’s or other advanced degree in a relevant field strongly preferred; equivalent work experience considered
• 10 years of experience in senior leadership position at large, multifaceted organization
• Expertise in nonprofit sector and developmental disability community preferred
• Skill, knowledge, experience in interacting, advocating effectively with state/federal governments and constituencies
• Ability in developing and implementing organizational change and strategic growth
• Experience and knowledge of the funding and regulatory systems of New York State and Federal agencies for services for people with developmental and other disabilities
• Executive managerial experience, collaborative, with an affinity for managing within a culturally and politically diverse community
• Exceptional communication/interpersonal skills; public speaking and media relations preferred
• A visionary, ethical, innovative, diplomatic, and energetic leader
• Experience working with a governing board; knowledge of family governed organizations
• Understanding and dedication for the Organization’s mission
The Executive Director position is located in Latham, NY, with travel requirements throughout NYS.
NYSARC offers a competitive total compensation package based on skills and experience.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and any requirements by August 18, 2017 to: CareersED@NYSARC.org
NYSARC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.