Location: Temporarily working remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic; with an anticipated transition back into our Johns Creek office in late Spring 2021
Reports To: Senior Director of Exam Operations
Who We Are
NCCPA is the only certifying organization for physician assistants in the United States. Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1974, we are dedicated to assuring the public that certified PAs meet established standards of clinical knowledge and cognitive skills upon entry into practice and throughout their careers. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. territories have decided to rely on NCCPA certification as one of the criteria for licensure or regulation of PAs.
Why Work at NCCPA
We get to do meaningful work every day and we enjoy working and having fun together! No wonder we’ve been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019 & 2020 by Modern Healthcare!
Over in Exam Operations, we enjoy being a part of a fun, friendly and collaborative team. We are Problem Solvers. Gardeners. Organizers. Animal Lovers. Data Driven. Witty. We believe in providing first class customer service to both our internal and external partners. Some of us have been here for a couple of years and others over 15 years. Now that’s commitment and a wealth of NCCPA knowledge!
Why Us, Why Now?
As an Exam Accommodations and Administration Specialist II, you will support exam related initiatives by processing requests for Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) accommodations, exam grievances and score audits. As part of the Exam Operations Team, you will serve as a key resource by providing insight for exam communications, project validation and departmental process improvement strategies to ensure NCCPA is in compliance with legal requirements and industry standards.
How Will You Make a Difference? You will…
- Manage the process for providing appropriate accommodations in accordance with the ADAAA and NCCPA’s practice for candidates. Communicate with PAs who request exam accommodations, review and interpret documentation submitted and develop a recommendation for accommodations that should be granted based on NCCPA’s policies and procedures.
- Review and process score audit requests in compliance with NCCPA’s policies and procedures. Collaborate with Psychometric, Exam Administration and IT teams, as needed, to determine required information needed to complete audit analysis and develop a finding.
- Process, review and investigate exam grievances in accordance with NCCPA’s policies and procedures. Work to gather investigative information from various partners such as the test delivery vendor, psychometricians and technology team. Ensure that exam grievance content on the NCCPA website is current and accurate.
- Work with the Exam Administration team and the Sr. Director of Operations to manage exam communications and ensure that accurate, relevant exam administration content is made available in a timely manner. Serve as the Exam Operations Team’s primary contact for responding to NCCPA web survey comments and communications.
- Participate in cross-training activities to help ensure that all functions of the Exam Operations department are adequately covered. Review all job-related policies and procedures annually and propose appropriate revisions.
Hard Skills You Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of professional experience in a related role.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Advanced writing, proofreading and editing skills with emphasis on spelling, grammar, and adherence to style specifications.
Soft Skills You Will Have
- Your excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proficiency in diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Your proven ability to work as a self-motivated individual as well as a collaborating team member.
- Your highly developed time management skills, systematic approach to organization/planning and keen attention to detail.
- Your ability to provide exceptional customer service and interact with customers in a timely, positive and professional manner.
- Your proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate a track record of gathering and summarizing data into clear, concise written reports.
- Your commitment and dedication to industry best practices through ongoing professional development.
- Your proven solution focused approach and problem-solving skills that identify and recommend solutions to the determined issues.
Extra Skills You Can Bring Along
- Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, Counseling, or related field.
- Advanced degree or specialized certification relevant to the position.
- Professional experience with and/or knowledge of ADAAA requirements and regulations.
- Experience with an agency that develops and/or administers standardized tests.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via the NCCPA website posting: https://nccpa.applytojob.com/apply/r8gjy8PXcS/Exam-Accommodations-And-Administration-Specialist-II?source=disabilityscoop
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.