Disability Information and Access Line
Enhanced Service Specialist
Posted OnAugust 11, 2021
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelAssociate's Degree
The Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL) is a newly established call center that aims to help people with disabilities access the COVID-19 vaccine. By leveraging over 30 years of call center expertise and a range of disability partners in the development and launch of the new call center, DIAL will connect users to local resources which can help them access the COVID-19 vaccine and other critical community-based supports.
Funded by the Administration for Community Living and administered by the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a), DIAL can help connect people to disability resources nationwide. The service is operated through a call center, staffed by trained information specialists and supported by a team of experienced human services professionals.
The Enhanced Services Specialist is responsible for receiving internally transferred complex calls that require additional time, resources and expertise to handle compared to a standard call. They connect people with disabilities, older adults and their families and caregivers who require additional consultation to appropriate home and community-based services and supports.
JOB TITLE: Enhanced Services Specialist
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator, Information and Referral Systems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Respond to both standard and complex requests for information about home and community-based services for people with disabilities, older adults and their families/caregivers through telephone contact, chats, texting, voicemails and emails;
Assess inquirer needs;
Provide reliable and accurate referrals to approved agencies and programs;
Transfer callers to appropriate resources;
Follow established protocols and performance standards;
Complete required reporting and documentation; and
Provide consultation and referral assistance to internally transferred callers who have greater complex needs, report that they are in crisis and need immediate assistance, and/or take more time to find resources than standard calls.
· Bachelor’s degree in the field of human services or relevant experience
· At least one year of relevant experience in disability advocacy
· At least one year of relevant experience in human services
· At least one year of call center or other customer service experience
· Ability to problem solve and seek assistance from supervisor as needed
· Ability to operate in a high-volume and fast-paced call center work environment
· Ability to communicate with people of varied communication styles, such as comfort working with people who are deaf, have a speech disability, use an assistive device to communicate or have other communication variations
· Knowledge of information and referral/assistance (I&R/A) protocols and procedures and the role I&R/A plays within the Disability and Aging Networks
· Will have or obtain Certification for Community Resource Specialist – Aging/Disability (CRS-A/D) through the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems after one year of employment
· Bilingual fluency (English–Spanish) is a plus
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
This is a full-time non-exempt (hourly) position with full benefits. The call center operates Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm ET.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, this is currently a remote work position with an expectation to return to our physical office in the future once it is deemed safe. The ability to continue to work remotely will be considered when needed as a reasonable accommodation. Requirements to successfully work remotely are a strong home internet connection (greater than 10 mbps) and a quiet workspace to take calls throughout an 8.5-hour shift.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
n4a is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
This is a grant funded position for 1.5 years. While there is not currently funding for this position after September 2022, if additional funding is identified employment could be extended.
Submit a resume to email@example.com. Note the job title in the email subject line. We cannot respond to all applications and unsolicited phone calls or emails will not be returned.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.