Lifetime Assistance Inc
Direct Support Professional – Day Services
Posted OnDecember 8, 2022
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelNot Specified
Direct Support Professional – Day Services – Positions available in various locations
· Brockport & Rochester, NY, USA
· Commensurate with experience
· Full Time
If you are looking for an opportunity to CONTRIBUTE to someone’s WELL-BEING…
If you are looking for an opportunity to STEP UP and have a POSITIVE EFFECT on the COMMUNITY you live in…
If you are looking for a CAREER OPPORTUNITY where you MAKE A DIFFERENCE in someone’s life…
LOOK NO FURTHER!
With over 60 different community based settings, we have Full-Time, Part-time, Relief, and Driver positions located all throughout the Rochester, Greece, Irondequoit, Gates, Chili, Churchville, LeRoy, Brockport, Hamlin, Ogden, and Henrietta Areas.
Day Services hours are typically 8am-4:30pm, M-F
How do I start my journey in to a Direct Support role?
· All journeys’ start with a single step! Yours is to apply online here at https://lifetimeassistance.applicantpro.com/jobopenings/
Lifetime Assistance Inc. has been supporting persons with developmental disabilities and their families since 1978 and with over 1500 people at over 60 different locations needing assistance daily, chances are we have the right career for you!
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support people with disabilities. This is why the role of Direct Support is so important. In a Direct Support role you’ll be joining the ranks of the many compassionate and caring individuals who provide daily support, assistance, and companionship to those right here in our community.
AWESOME work, AWESOME(ER) benefits!
· Affordable medical and dental plans as well as a standalone vision plan!
· 288 hours of paid time off within your first year! (36 days)!
· Tuition reimbursement!
· Tremendous internal growth opportunities!
· Work life balance!
· A retirement plan to include BOTH a defined contribution plan (401(a)) (agency funded) and a 403(b) retirement savings plan!
· A $500 dollar referral bonus! Because we want other compassionate and caring individuals just like you!
What would I be doing?
· Interacting in the community you live in while you serve it.
· Assisting people with disabilities by helping them with all aspects of everyday living.
· Teaching others life lessons through compassionate and caring acts.
· Being a champion for good in your community by partnering with others.
· Smile, laugh, and be a positive role model to the people you assist, work with, and interact with in the community.
· While performing the duties of this job, in order to instruct, care for, and assist the people we support, the employee is frequently required to: stand, bend, kneel, walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or equipment; reach with hands and arms; communicate and see. The employee is also occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift, transfer, and/or move up to 35 pounds.
Direct Support Professionals may be required to go to different locations depending on the needs of the agency.
Required to successfully learn and implement preventative strategies as required by OPWDD including but not limited to OPWDD S.C.I.P. Level 1, S.C.I.P.-R. Level II or PROMOTE competencies based on the needs of the individuals the employee is supporting (not applicable to In Home Supports, Community Hab or Relief)
What experience do I need for a Direct Support role?
· We look for caring, compassionate, and dedicated people who are willing to learn.
· Six months experience in providing care to people with development disabilities or direct support in related field is preferred.
Is there anything else I need to know?
· Standard background checks do apply (To include but not limited to: Fingerprinting/criminal history record check, NYS Child Abuse Registry, OPWDD Staff Exclusion List, Mental Health Law 16.34, and Medicaid exclusions lists)
· Candidates must also meet LAI’s Vehicle Operator Requirements, be able to transfer and move up to 50 lbs., have a reliable means of transportation, a sense of humor, and the ability to have fun!
So, if you are you looking for a career in human services, one you can be proud of, and one where you’ll be part of a team of other community champions making a difference, we’d love to hear from you!
Additional questions can be directed to the Human Resources Office’s main line at (585) 426-4120.
Flexible schedules available.
Lifetime Assistance Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
All journeys’ start with a single step! Yours is to apply online here at https://lifetimeassistance.applicantpro.com/jobopenings/
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.