Director of Nursing
Posted OnAugust 21, 2019
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Excellent opportunity for a Director of Nursing! Join an award winning Agency, Life’s WORC to oversee a group of Nurses providing health care within our Residential Program. Report to the Senior Director of Nursing and over see nursing care at group homes in Nassau, NYC & Queens, NY (Valley Stream, Holliswood, Manhattan).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a base annual salary of $82K, plus an Agency vehicle, a $2500 sign on bonus, 31 PTO days per year, family health coverage. (only $140 per month), free family dental coverage, matching 403(B), student loan assistance and many other great benefits).
· Must be a current NYS Licensed Registered Nurse; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Minimum five years’ nursing experience with three of those years in the ID/DD field
· Previous training and Quality Assurance experience preferred
· Knowledge of OPWDD regulations.
· Valid NY State Driver’s License required
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Directly supervise Residential RN’s in assigned cluster
· Function as a coach, collaborator, facilitator and support system for Residential Nurses
· Collaborate with RN Educator to ensure AMAP training, certification and supervision of AMAP’s within assigned cluster; complete AMAP Certifications as needed
· Collaborate with RN Education to develop specialized medical training, including medical guidelines and procedures; ensure a PCP approach to trainings and guidelines; ensure all program staff receives adequate medical training; support Residential Nurses with additional training needs (i.e.: AMAP practicums, PEG tube training, etc.)
· Provide orientation training of newly hired nurses, as assigned
· Function as the Residential RN for RN vacancies or leave of absences in assigned cluster
· Ensure medical department regulatory compliance by oversight of treatment and documentation; monitor compliance of medical systems within assigned cluster
Two easy ways to apply:
– visit our website’s career page to apply at www.lifesworc.org OR
– email a letter of interest and a resume to the Director of Recruitment, Roseann Greco at email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.