You are creative and strategic and love building systems that work. You are attentive to details. You have innovative ideas and are good at seeing them through to the finish line. You want to build a culture of storytelling and fundraising through an entire organization. You enjoy meeting people and listening to their stories. You take care in the relationships you cultivate and understand how to transition them beyond a single encounter. Inviting individuals, foundations, corporations, faith communities, and businesses into the work of L’Arche through their financial support excites you. You take initiative, are forward looking, and ready to work to gather the support needed to help L’Arche grow. You have a strong desire to help us all learn to welcome difference and celebrate the gifts of each person. Does this profile fit you? Then join our team!
- Craft and implement an innovative development plan that includes new and existing fundraising strategies, priorities, and timelines.
- Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors; meet in-person with donors to nurture relationship and make specific financial asks in coordination with the Community Leader.
- Use wealth screening information and other research to create individual cultivation and solicitation plans for all active and prospective donors.
- Explore potential new civic and corporate donor relations, including new local business relationships for in-kind and financial support.
- Leverage L’Arche’s fundraising database to find and develop data-related measurements and goals as well as maintain its donor entries to be accurate and processed effectively; manage database.
Lead and coordinate existing fundraising strategies such as:
i. The annual Golf Classic, a signature annual event
ii. The We Are Family annual fund & the Assistants Fund appeal
- Review and report on fundraising and revenue goals quarterly.
- Coordinate grant proposals, applications, and reporting requirements.
- Oversee marketing and collaboratively organize outreach.
- Build a development committee with members of the Board of Directors and others to effectively harness L’Arche’s donor potential.
- Supervise and collaboratively work with members of the development team and administrative staff.
- Facilitate staff, board, and volunteer participation in fundraising efforts through the cultivation of a philanthropic culture within L’Arche Jacksonville.
Requirements for the role
- Embraces the mission and values of L’Arche.
- 2-5 years of experience in development and fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Highly collaborative style: ability to serve as a unifying force.
- Self-starter and flexible; able to work independently and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience with an email automation service, a donor database, and social media management strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.