Director of the Hayssen Academic Resource Center
Lakeland University, a liberal arts institution located in eastern Wisconsin, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Director of the Hayssen Academic Resource Center. The Director of the Hayssen Academic Resource Center (HARC) provides leadership and direction for academic support services for students in our traditional program and our Evening, Weekend and Online program. The HARC provides tutorial services, academic programming, and services for students with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This position reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs. The successful candidate will oversee the various aspects of the resource center including, but not limited to:
– Coordinating ADA services for Lakeland University students, including assessment of student requests and delivery of appropriate accommodations, communications of approved accommodations to faculty, and serving as a primary resource for questions related to ADA regulations.
– Employing early alert system information to identify and address student academic needs, with intentional outreach to at-risk student populations.
– Providing learning assessment services for students needing ADA accommodations and placement testing.
– In coordination with the Hayssen Academic Resource Center Assistant, overseeing academic tutoring; collaborating with faculty to recruit and hire peer tutors; training, developing, and managing peer tutors; ensuring that stated and reasonably anticipated student needs for tutorial support services are adequately met.
– Reviewing and analyzing internal data and external research as necessary to inform improvements in services, student learning, program development, and strategic planning.
– Developing departmental programming for students that address student academic needs and supports student retention.
– Planning, submitting, and working within the Hayssen Academic Resource Center (HARC) budget.
– In coordination with the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, developing the strategic direction of the resource center based on the needs of the university and students.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills, traits or experiences:
– Masters degree required, doctoral degree preferred;
– Minimum of three years successful experience as an ADA coordinator and/or manager of tutoring services;
– Knowledge and ability to coach students toward academic success;
– High level of comfort with use of technology as it supports student learning services;
– Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
– Build relationships and work collaboratively with academic faculty, advisors and other stakeholders;
– Understand and meet the needs of varied student populations, including those who take courses in online and hybrid modalities;
– Identify, develop, and lead a team in strategic initiatives;
– Communicate effectively through oral and written platforms and respond appropriately to key stakeholders;
– Analyze complex issues;
– Submit accurate work in a timely manner;
– Work independently and adapt to evolving expectations;
– Employ a collaborative leadership style and successfully manage and complete multiple projects and competing priorities; and
– Build cooperative partnerships and work as part of a larger team to accomplish multifaceted goals
– This is a year-round position, operating out of Lakelands home campus. Compensation will be commensurate with background and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits program which includes full tuition remission for the successful candidate and their spouse and dependents.
– All offers are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
– Full tuition remission for candidate, spouse, and dependents.
– Two- weeks vacation upon hire.
– Two- weeks paid sick time.
– 12.5 Paid holidays.
– Health, dental, and vision insurance.
– Life Insurance.
– 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Lakeland University is an equal opportunity employer/educator
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please apply on the link below:
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.