Ken's Krew Inc.
Vocational Training Coordinator
Posted OnOctober 19, 2018
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Ken’s Krew, Inc. Vocational Training Coordinator
Ken’s Krew, Inc., a non-profit agency that places and trains young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in competitive employment, is looking for a full-time vocational training coordinator. The vocational training coordinator will work with the Director of Vocational Training to provide employment supports to young adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This job requires working independently with the support of a regional team.
For more information, please visit www.kenskrew.org
· Review program application and required supplemental documentation
· Assess applicants’ suitability for the program, including an interview with the applicant, an in-store assessment, and a parent interview
· Train the successful applicant one-on-one at the job site until the applicant is able to work independently.
· Create spaces and procedures that will keep participants safe during all activities and address any safety concerns immediately
· Create natural support systems to fit the needs of each participant
· Complete training reports for all workers during the intensive training process
· Provide ongoing support by completing and documenting spot checks for all workers on a consistent basis
· Document any incidents and/or issue warning cards
· Conduct an ongoing monthly social/education program for Ken’s Krew workers
· Network with state and local agencies, special education departments in school districts, parent groups, and community organizations to find appropriate applicants
· Collaborate with corporate partners and meet with management to ensure program fidelity
· Serve as a liaison between workers, their families, corporate partners, and other KKI staff
· Participate in weekly conference calls and attend all staff meetings, as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, Rehabilitation, Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology or related field
Minimum 5 years of experience teaching/working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Experience teaching job skills in community-based settings preferred
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Send cover letter and resume via e-mail to: email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.