Journeys In Community Living
Posted OnOctober 7, 2021
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
The Executive Director functions as the organization’s Chief Executive Officer. As such, the Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of daily operations, the strategic implementation of new programs and policies, and the oversight of all financial, programmatic, strategic, administrative, and public affairs/activities.
– Lead the Board and staff in strategic planning efforts to further the mission of Journeys
– Ensure sound fiscal management through the adherence of ethical, legal standards and non-profit accounting principles.
– Develop and maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including families, community organizations, media partners, donors, state agencies, universities, etc.
– Monitor legislation and regulations that might impact the disability community, direct the Board and community members on recommended actions, and advocating with appropriate decision makers
– Represent Journeys in the community and participate in advocacy councils and task forces as requested
– Serve as the chief spokesperson for Journeys In Community Living in all public matters, including radio, television, and print media interviews
– Provide assistance to the Board in recruiting and training new Board members, and provide timely information to the Board needed to make decisions regarding policies and programs
– Oversee the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of all programs, including increasing number and effectiveness of services offered.
– Supervise Development Program to expand funding through grant applications and other fundraising activities.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferred
Minimum of 5 years management level responsibilities
Management level experience in the field of intellectual disabilities in Tennessee, preferred
Thorough knowledge of disability issues and service delivery models
Project management experience
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Submit resume, letter of interest and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 866-314-9984.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.