Join our team at Hospital for Special Care as we grow our Inpatient Autism services!
Hospital for Special Care is seeking Behavioral Specialists who are interested in being a part of an interdisciplinary team of behavioral health experts whose goal is to provide treatment to children and adolescents with an established diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who are not able to be successful in the community due to unsafe behaviors.
Our patient centered care approach is designed through a combination of medication management, behavior management, counseling and community transition support, and goal oriented therapeutic interventions.
As a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and under the oversight of the Behavioral Specialist Supervisor and daily monitoring by the Certified Behavioral Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the therapeutic treatment plan assuring the safety of assigned patients.
- Collecting data for the purpose of functional assessment and provides input into the formulation of a behavior intervention plan,
- Observation and data collection on patient responses, and documentation of this program under the direction of a registered nurse and BCBA.
- Provides care to assigned patient under the direction of the RN.
Our staff have found it “rewarding to watch the progression of children who arrive in crisis and are able to successfully transition back into the community”.
What we offer:
- We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus for Behavioral Specialists with 2+ years of experience!
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 403 (b), paid time off, tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- Support for you and your family: EAP, Aquatic and Fitness Center, Child Care Center on campus
Baccalaureate in a Human Service field with Six months to one year of direct child care work with children diagnosed with Autism Spectral Disorder.
Associates Degree in a Human Service field with 5 years of experience with children diagnosed with Autism Spectral Disorder.
10 years of experience with children diagnosed with Autism Spectral Disorder.
Preference for individuals with experience implementing Applied Behavior Analysis procedures with children and/or adolescents including data collection, reinforcement and instructional procedures.
How to Apply
Please visit https://hfsc.org/careers/ to learn more and to apply!
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.