Harris Brand Recruiting
Medical Director (Remote)
LocationNew York, NY
Posted OnJuly 5, 2022
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelNot Specified
MEDICAL DIRECTOR (Remote)
As Medical Director you will oversee all medical and behavioral health policies and operations for a suite of health insurance products and health home care coordination services that support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD). You will be an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team, overseeing efforts to assure that all systems and policies promote health equity, enhance clinical effectiveness, and support the best possible outcomes for our members.
Our ideal candidate will have the empathy, knowledge, and experience to provide forward thinking medical leadership to support people with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities. We celebrate the qualities that make each of us unique and greatly value how they enrich the work we do for our members. As such, we welcome candidates of color, candidates who identify as gender diverse, neurodiverse candidates, and candidates of all ages with diverse lived experiences and perspectives to apply.
This position is an excellent match for a leader who shares our driving commitment to health equity, has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for population health, and enjoys working in a continually evolving environment. Experience with Medicare/Medicaid programs/populations and at least 3 years in medical management/leadership are desired.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Plan, organize, and direct the implementation of health plan and health home medical/mental health policies, programs, goals, and objectives for all current and future lines of business
· Responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the Quality and Performance Improvement Program for all products
· Serve as the principal medical manager and policy advisor providing critical input on strategic and operational decisions and initiatives for the health plan (payor) and the health home
· Advises on population health programs to holistically address clinical and non-clinical (SDoH) member needs and improve health equity
· Provide clinical leadership on person-centered policy and program development to continuously improve health equity, medical/mental health outcomes, and member satisfaction
· Cultivates and leverages an external network of clinical thought leaders to stay abreast of clinical and policy developments for I/DD and proactively shapes payer and care coordination implications and responses.
· Unrestricted license to practice medicine in NYS required
· Board certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine preferred
· Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
· Knowledge of clinical data and analytics capabilities and techniques a plus
· Certification in I/DD desired but not required.
Interested physicians may apply by contacting:
Eileen Michaels at Harris Brand Recruiting
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.