Direct Support Professional
Posted OnJuly 26, 2017
Experience LevelEntry Level
Education LevelHigh School Diploma
The primary role of the Direct Support Professional (DSP) is to work alongside the people we support in order to help them to achieve their Personal Outcomes. This includes working with individuals with special needs to develop daily living, professional and decision making skills while also supporting their health and safety.
– Become certified in CPR/FA/SCIP/AMAP
– Work independently and multi-task
– Leadership skills such as a self-started, taking initiative, positive role model
– Effective communication skills
– Ability to understand directives and apply them in a variety of situations.
– Ability and willingness to support individuals of varied intellectual disabilities as well as varied behavioral challenges
Valid NYS Driver’s License and meet the qualification to be a driver for the agency
High School Diploma or equivalent
For additional information please contact (516) 870-1670, option 1
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”
1. Go To: http://www.familyres.org/
2. Select the Career Opportunities link at the top of the webpage
3. Select “Apply Now” on the bottom of the webpage
4. Select “Search” on the bottom of the page, find the position you desire and apply!
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.