LocationNew York, NY
Posted OnAugust 16, 2019
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Felicity House is a nonprofit organization providing personal enrichment for women with autism in a non-clinical setting. Founded in 2015 by a female philanthropist from her personal experience and passion, Felicity House provides a safe space where women can socialize with other women with autism in a welcoming and supportive environment. The House, located in a historic property on East 22nd Street, has been meticulously renovated to provide a calm, creative and accessible setting, with subdued lighting, comfortable furniture, quiet rooms, art studios, and more.
Felicity House is responsive to the needs of adult women on the autism spectrum and provides each community member with a program tailored to their individual needs. Staff encourage ideas and feedback from the women they serve and allow their personal stories and experience to shape the programs. All staff members are engaged in the community and activities of Felicity House. A wide array of hands-on workshops include everything from art projects and cooking, to robotics. Physical activities like yoga and Zumba, movie night, lectures and performances all contribute to enriching the lives of these women in a place where they can laugh, learn, create and find caring and empathetic people to encourage them.
Felicity House is seeking a Program Manager to work closely with participants (called community members) to provide support and develop personalized enrichment programs. Reporting to a Program Director, the Program Manager will join a staff of eight and be directly responsible for about 25 community members. This person will also help in recruiting women to Felicity House and be part of the strategic discussions as to how to build on Felicity House’s success.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working collaboratively in a collegial environment which is thoughtful and consensus building. This person will be a flexible thinker, team focused and open to sharing feedback. Experience working with people with autism is a plus but equally important will be ‘fit’ into the organization. The Program Manager will be a careful observer of behavior, at ease around people who are different and not afraid to engage. In addition, she will be intelligent and genuine, an effective communicator, and possess sound judgement as well as honed interpersonal skills. A self-starter with a commitment to and passion for the mission of Felicity House, the Program Manager must be a strategic thinker and planner, problem solver, willing to ask questions and able to respond to crises quickly and effectively.
• Be first point of contact for prospective participants. Triage inquiries and provide information and resources for women with autism, their family member and service providers.
• Schedule and conduct discovery meetings, which includes tours, paperwork and participation plans, with potential participants, families and professional service providers.
• Maintain a ‘caseload’ of participants as staff contact, providing ongoing support.
• Participate in program events planning and implementation.
• Assist in ongoing organizational development.
• Maintain clear and concise notes in Salesforce database regarding participants and events.
• Support external relations, outreach and recruitment.
• Build and nurture relationships with participants, staff, speakers and community partners.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advance degree strongly preferred in a related field
• Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
• Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly professional; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
• Respect for the confidentiality and sensitivities of the constituents is required
Felicity House deeply values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of underrepresented backgrounds. All applicants and employees will not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression), color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disable applicants may participate in the application process.
Felicity House offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, generous vacation, and a collegial working environment. They employ a small staff and are dedicated to promoting an environment of collaboration and work life balance.
For more information about Felicity House, please visit their website at https://felicity-house.org
Felicity House has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Dr. Jane Herzog
Director, Educational Leadership
Harris Rand Lusk
122 E. 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Please put ‘Felicity House’ in the subject line of your emailed application
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.