ETTA is a long-established disability services provider in Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley. The candidate for Director of SLS should have extensive experience developing, managing and growing Supported Living Services and working with Regional Center-funded services.
The ideal candidate must be a superior motivator and people manager with excellent organizational and communication skills. We are looking for a self-motivated problem-solver who takes pride in achieving results. This is a great opportunity for a compassionate, ambitious professional who wants to make a difference in the lives of adults with disabilities and their families.
ETTA’s mission is to provide programs and services that enable people with disabilities, and the families who love them, to live fully enriched, independent, included and active lives as members of the Los Angeles community. ETTA’s vision is an inclusive, participatory community of people, with and without disabilities, succeeding and growing together.
We enable people with disabilities to achieve greater independence, autonomy and inclusion. We change mindsets, raise awareness, increase sensitivity and provide inspiration. We elevate lives and train leaders. We are a community of hope, warmth, support and expertise.
Oversees and directs Supported Living program operations which provide supported living services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Provided supervision for all Supported Living program staff which includes but is not limited to Program Mangers and direct staff.
- Degree in Special Education, Social Work, Education, Psychology or other related field;
- Masters Level Preferred
- Experience with securing Regional Center funding
- Minimum three years of supervisory or management experience in a developmental disabilities services setting
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with adults with Developmental Disabilities and/or special needs background preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer literacy, experience with Microsoft Office products is necessary (Internet, email, word-processing, excel, web based programs)
- Must have reliable transportation during the work day
- Must receive clearance through DMV and be able to provide proof auto insurance
- Able to provide 3 verifiable non-family references
- Mast pass background screening through Live Scan
- CPR and First Aid certification
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Title 17
- Community resources
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate Program Managers
- Organize and provide direct services to consumers, through delegation to staff
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet the needs of program operations and supported individuals
- Ensure that Individual Service Plans (ISPs) are complete, with functional and measurable objectives utilizing all natural and generic support services and community resources
- Manage programs cost effectively
- Ensure that plans and services adequately address risks to the health, safety and well-being of consumers.
- Conduct unannounced visits to consumer homes to ensure consumer health, safety and well-being and to monitor staff job performance.
- Ensure that client intakes and assessments are conducted as needed.
- Ensure that Program Managers prepare for and attend all annual and semi-annual meetings with consumers, family members, care providers, and San Andreas Regional Center Service Coordinators.
- Ensure that staff conduct regular circle of support meetings
- Ensure that staff maintain up-to-date consumer and direct staff records
- Ongoing evaluation of services
- Meet with Director of Program Operations as directed for strategic planning, problem solving and troubleshooting staff and consumer issues
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with all program Managers
- Ensure staff training in core competencies
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not consider any application that does not include a cover letter.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.