Elim Christian Services
Special Education Teacher
Posted OnOctober 16, 2019
Experience LevelNot Specified
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Responsible for providing instructional support, planning and implementation of an individual educational plan for students with significant intellectual and multiple disabilities. Requires knowledge of sensory and behavioral and communication strategies. Desire to work in a collaborative learning environment and provide leadership and direction to paraprofessionals.
* Special Education degree
* Current Illinois teacher license; Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (LBS1)
Knowledge & Skills
* Ability to effectively interpret and communicate assessment results, evaluations and curricular design in a manner easily understood by team members, the district and parents
* Ability to instruct students requiring intensive educational supports and accommodations
* Knowledge of sensory and behavioral strategies
* Ability to implement individual education program for students with significant intellectual disabilities, multiple disabilities and autism
* An understanding of communication deficits and strategies for students with significant communication impairments
* Implement and maintain consistent and clear classroom expectations
* Ability to collaborate with therapeutic team members to create a positive environment for our students
* Ability to lead and direct paraprofessionals
First year teacher’s scale – depending on education and experience
Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m.- 3:15 p.m.
Includes a 6 week summer school program
Full time benefits include medical, dental, vision, flex-spending, retirement, wellness plan
To apply for this position, please complete an online application which can be found at www.elimcs.org/careers.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.