Department of Health and Human Services
Posted OnNovember 9, 2021
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
NEW STARTING WAGES $23.238/HR PLUS an additional $3/HR for every hour worked! That’s $26.238/HR!
Close to Heart–Close to Home; that is what Beatrice State Developmental Center (BSDC) is all about! Providing care and support to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Beatrice State Developmental Center is looking for a Home Manager that has a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently to “Help People Live Better Lives”. APPLY TODAY!
Look at what DHHS we can offer you!
* Stable Employment Opportunity
* Career Development and Learning
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
* 13 Paid Holidays
* Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
* Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
“DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability marital status, or genetics.
Monday – Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm – on call, including additional time as needed
* Front line supervisor responsible for performance management.
* Responsible for ensuring and tracking training of staff assigned to their supervision.
* Complete staff time and attendance information in the Kronos system.
* Ensure each individual’s developmental and physical needs are met through active treatment as described in the Individual Personal Plan (IPP); ensure that human and legal rights of the individual are protected.
* Monitor provision of active treatment and schedules of activities for individuals ensuring that services are coordinated as indicated in the individual’s personal care plans.
* Maintain a safe working environment.
*Perform personnel functions for assigned Developmental Technician staff including participating in hiring, assigning, issuing disciplinary actions, including suspensions and terminations, and on-the-job training and regular performance feedback and preparing, evaluating and conducting performance evaluations; provides comprehensive information to Human Resources representatives during the formal discipline process.
* Ensure that each individual is safe and free from harm and that the needs of each individual are identified and met; monitors physical environment and takes necessary action to ensure safety, a sanitary environment and compliance with State and Federal Standards; and works cooperatively with investigators in resolution of abuse/neglect cases.
* Participate in completing bi-weekly staffing schedules. Ensures that an adequate and appropriate number of trained staff are available to provide quality supports and services to individuals; distributes completed schedule per contract stipulations.
* Conduct direct observations of individual’s and staff performance across all areas and times and makes recommendations to improve quality of individual life.
* Establish/maintain productive, effective working relations with other department personnel. Demonstrate a shared responsibility for equitable distribution of personnel resources to best meet the needs of the individuals at the facility.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to employees to promote the overall philosophy of the department and to promote the vision and mission of the facility.
* Ensure that all Developmental Technician staff on the have been appropriately and adequately trained including, but not limited to, initial and on-going training requirements for the Developmental Technician I and II classes.
* Ensure that community integration plan for each individual with developmental disabilities is implemented.
* Ensure that each individual with developmental disabilities has appropriate and adequate opportunities to learn, work and recreate.
* Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local rules, regulations and standards including the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 42 which govern the operation of Intermediate Care Facilities for individuals with Mental Retardation and other developmental disabilities (ICF/MR).
* Conduct observations and implement immediate corrections as needed ensuring that each individual is safe and free from harm and the needs of each individual are identified and met; monitors physical environment and takes necessary action to ensure safety, a sanitary environment, and compliance with State and Federal Standards; works cooperatively with investigators in resolution of abuse/neglect cases.
* Responsible for notifying appropriate personnel of problems related to resource allocation or the physical living environment to ensure their resolution.
* Participate in or leads IRT as needed.
* Transport individuals into the community on trips, leisure, or medical appointments.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in a human service field that meets the qualifications for a Qualified Developmental Disability Professional as defined by the Regulations of Title XIX Standard 483.430, AND one year of experience working directly with persons with intellectual or other developmental disabilities.
PREFERRED: At least one year of experience leading, monitoring or supervising a team.
OTHER: Valid driver’s license or able to provide independent authorized transportation.
Knowledge of: Developmental Disability treatment principles, policies and practices, instructional procedures and techniques, mediation and conflict resolution; supervisory principles and practices; investigation principles and techniques. Ability to: assign, plan, and evaluate work of staff, conduct investigations and formulate prevention plans, and ability to problem solve interpersonal conflicts as a mediator for subordinate staff members analyze situations and promote problem solving.
Please apply directly at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3302993/home-manager-increased-hiring-wage?location=beatrice%20area&department=Health%20%26%20Human%20Services%20Department&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&page=1&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
You can view the great benefits at: https://dhhs.ne.gov/pages/careers.aspx
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.