College Internship Program
Posted OnApril 30, 2018
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelMaster's Degree
Visit our jobs page to apply.
The College Internship Program (CIP) is a comprehensive post-secondary support program for young adults on the Autism Spectrum, with Asperger’s, ADHD and other Learning Differences. We offer full-year individualized academic, social, career and life skills support. Our Mission is to inspire independence and expand the foundation on which young adults can build happy and productive lives.
Our Berkshire center is currently recruiting for a Clinician. The Clinician is responsible for case formulation for students and communicating it to the team. This case formulation includes relevant background information and diagnosis with regard to cognitive ability, learning profile, and any additional mental health diagnoses.
The Clinician creates a comprehensive, multi-pronged approach to the support of self-awareness, self-advocacy, positive behavior, mental health, motivation, and goal attainment that forms the basis for his individual work with the student, and guides the interventions and approaches of all staff. The Clinician’s interventions are organized around supporting positive changes in behavior and take a range of forms including individual counseling sessions, group therapy, family therapy appointments and other family interventions, supporting and communicating actively with the team, designing and supervising the implementation of active, behavioral management strategies.
· Provide individual counseling sessions
· Conduct group therapy
· Hold family interventions
· Actively collaborate with the CIP team
· Develop behavior support plans
· Oversee psychopharmacology
· Coordinate external mental health evaluations
· Supervise interns
· Participate in Admissions and Outreach activities
· Conduct staff training as needed
· Oversee housemate meetings as needed
Education, Skills and Requirements:
· Master’s degree in a field such as social work, marriage and family therapy, mental health counseling, Autism, Psychology or similar
· Licensed by the state of MA – LICSW required
· Minimum of 3+ years of experience in related field
· Background experience in Autism, special education, special needs or learning disabilities, young adult population, mental health strongly preferred
· Charismatic, motivational and professional personality
· Excellent verbal, written, and time management skills
· Some local travel may be required for this position
· Flexible schedule required
Visit our jobs page to apply. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and salary range expectation detailing how their experience meets the requirements of the position.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.