Cares of Washington
Social Worker/Disability Case Manager
Posted OnMarch 29, 2021
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelNot Specified
The Social Worker /Disability Case Manager’s primary role is to find and place people who have disabilities into part-time or full-time jobs and then continue to work with them to help them retain their jobs in their chosen career path. This is very rewarding work!
*** Social Workers, Case Managers, Caregivers, Job Coaches, Mental Health Counselors and beyond are all WELCOME ***
We are looking for a passionate and motivated person to join our great team in King and Snohomish County. Experience is not a must, but the mindset and passion to want to coach/help others is required. This new member of our team has to be willing to provide very hands-on work with clients and be ready to work at a variety of environments such as job sites, assessment sites, places where clients live and other public locations. We are not looking for candidates who are out of state as we need someone ASAP.
SOCIAL WORKER/DISABILITY CASE MANAGER JOB DUTIES:
· Job development and job placement for individuals who have disabilities.
· Retention services to help clients reduce barriers to retention and navigate their industry of choice.
· Maintain relationships with clients, employers, stakeholders, case managers and housing partners.
· Develop a written Employment Plan with the individual client and their stakeholder team which identify specific employment outcomes, job development strategies, employment support activities, and other relevant job planning information.
· Assist individuals in resume writing, job search and interviewing techniques as needed.
· Maintain case notes and progress reporting in the SetWorks system in compliance with County, DDA and organization requirements.
· Participate in all team meetings and planning sessions.
· Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Valid and current WA state driver’s license
· Proof of automobile insurance
· Proof of reliable transportation
· Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred and/or ability to pass certification within 30 days of hire.
· Compliance/completion of form I-9, Immigration and Naturalization Services as required by law
· Independent and willing to work at a variety of job sites and follow a flexible work schedule
· Candidates must pass a WA State criminal history background check prior to employment.
· Two-three (2-3) years of job placement experience preferred
· Computer literacy and college level writing skills preferred
· Knowledge of job development, customized employment, job carving, job analysis recruitment practices preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in the areas of human services, psychology, disability services and/or business preferred
· Knowledge of marketing sales and customized employment practices
PERKS & BENEFITS:
· Medical, Dental Vision, Life, Short Term Disability Insurances
· 3% 401k Employer Match
· 15 Sick Days/Year
· 9 Paid Holidays
· 15 Vacations Days/Year
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Professional development plan
Care’s Core Values
We find a way, period!
Constantly pursuing excellence
Accepting all; celebrating you
Committed to YOU
Vocal champions for your success
Practical yet crazy!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.” and encourage you to apply if you would think you’d be a great fit with the Cares Of WA family 🙂
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: Cares of Washington is providing all employees with ongoing safety training and PPE’s necessary to perform their jobs. Cares requires that all direct client service staff will receive the COVID vaccine to ensure to staff, client and community safety.
Please email Wendy Ehr at email@example.com or Lars Nowack at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and availability for interviewing.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.