Broadstep Academy-New Jersey, Inc.
Posted OnJuly 6, 2021
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Broadstep Behavioral Health, Inc. (“Broadstep”) is one of America’s leading Intellectual Developmental Disability (I/DD), Severe Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI) and behavioral health companies. Broadstep is headquartered in Raleigh, NC and is the parent company of Broadstep Academy of IL, IN, NC, NE, NJ, SC, WI, and Broadstep Pharmacy.
Broadstep has been a leader in providing a continuum of physical, emotional, and mental support for children and adults with I/DD, mental illness, and co-occurring disorders for close to 50 years. As we continue to grow aggressively in our existing markets as well as strategic locations across the country, we are focused on building and maintaining a culture of person-centered care that places our individuals and team members first. Ultimately, our vision is to be America’s first choice in behavioral health and supportive living.
Broadstep Academy – New Jersey, Inc. is one of the largest markets in the Broadstep portfolio, with room for expansion. This New Jersey leadership role represents an extraordinary opportunity for a mature leader with strong operations, financial and organizational growth capabilities, with a passion for people at the team member and client service level. The ideal person for this role will have experience in a complex multi-location, multi-program organization. This great opportunity is in Sparta, New Jersey with locations across North and South Jersey. We are open to a leader residing in New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania areas or the Raleigh, NC home office who is open to extensive travel to New Jersey.
The Area/Executive Director will be a servant leader focused on advancing Broadstep’s vision to be America’s first choice in behavioral health and supportive living by executing upon our mission to be the nation’s best employer, provider and community partner.
The Area/Executive Director will oversee services across the state of New Jersey, and potential neighboring states that are available to children, adults, and families living with I/DD and co-occurring disorders, through program models designed to achieve maximum potential. The leader in this role will report to the Chief Executive Officer and work closely with other leaders in the organization to develop and execute strategic plans for continued improvement and expansion across the state of New Jersey. The State Director will inspire, lead, and guide staff to achieve the highest standards of excellence so that everyone served is provided with meaningful care appropriate to their individual needs.
Organizational leadership responsibilities include, but are not limited to leading operational efficiency, ensuring fiscal management, managing quality assurance, ensuring program/staff compliance with governing and accrediting body requirements, developing and executing upon business development plans, progressing community partnerships, and building a talent-centric team with values that align with the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide day-to-day leadership within the organization, including guidance, direction and authorization to achieve the clinical and financial goals and objectives of the organization;
• Design, develop and implement a strategic plan that focuses on clinical excellence, financial performance and business development;
• Provide fiscal management of all programs, with the responsibility of implementing, maintaining, and evaluating budgets in all operational departments, and analyzing budget variances with departments, and develop explanation and /or corrective action plans required;
• Negotiate contracts with medical providers, state agencies, third-party payors, and other agencies providing clinical and administrative services;
• Build and maintain positive relationships with State regulatory bodies, community organizations and relevant industry partners;
• Develop and implement administrative and program procedures and protocols for all required standards as set forth by statutes, Administrative Rule and standards for certification compliance; responsible for meeting licensing or certification standards for all programs;
• Establish program priorities in addition to those mandated based on service needs, available resources and funding, including establishing procedure for referrals; plan, develop, revise or implement new programs/services to better meet the needs of individuals and community;
• Motivate, lead, and mentor a high-performance team; recruit and retain required staff with strong emphasis on team member engagement;
• Manage hiring, supervision, evaluation, scheduling, promotion, and corrective action to all team members within the Administrative/Leadership department;
• Provide in-service and ongoing training to team members;
• Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services staff in any inspection, inquiry or investigation;
• Continuously look for ways to improve profitability, workflow, and efficiency to streamline processes throughout the organization;
• Recognize, create and implement plans to promote diversity within the organization;
• Maintain compliance with standards required by Broadstep and all governing and accrediting agencies.
Specific requirements include:
• A minimum of five (5) years progressive management experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, at least two (2) of which shall be at a supervisory, senior staff level;
• A minimum of five (5) years leadership and multi-site operations experience; multi-state preferred;
• A minimum of five (5) years successfully managing a P&L to meet budgetary requirements;
• Strong knowledge base of code of ethics, and knowledge of regulatory and licensing requirements is preferred;
• A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s of Social Work, Master’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school or a Master’s degree in Business Administration or Health Administration preferred.
• Proven leadership in a general manger capacity with the ability to design and supervision of programs, create strategic plans, identify and implement process improvement and lead with effective cost discipline and resource stewardship;
• A consistent track record of employee performance management, developing standards, coaching and team coordination; and
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, creative and independent thinking skills;
• Management of diverse teams and positive reinforcement of the organization’s desired mission, vision and values.
•Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures. Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
• Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
•Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Maintains appropriate professional appearance; Evaluates own performance and assumes responsibility for professional development; Maintains confidentiality; Maintains current knowledge of all changes and trends affecting area of work
• Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Participates as a team member utilizing a collaborative style to achieve mutual goals; Provides proactive, creative cross-functional thinking and ideas to enhance service to internal/external customers; Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others. Celebrate each others’ successes and work together to overcome challenges.
• Oral/Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to stand.
• Frequently required to walk.
• Frequently required to sit.
• Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
• Frequently required to talk or hear.
• Occasionally exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
• While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Broadstep is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, prohibits discrimination based on the following protected categories: race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex/gender, marital status, civil status, domestic partnership status, familial status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send resume to Tracy Ward, Vice President and Head of HR to email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.