Posted OnJuly 12, 2019
Experience Level2-5 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
Bittersweet Farms, a world-renowned leader in serving adults and adolescents with autism, is seeking a full time Intervention Specialist for transition aged youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) working in our Pemberville, OH school to facilitate instruction specific to social cognitive, executive functioning and pragmatic language deficits associated with ASDs. The work includes the use of evidence-based assessment and intervention practices in the prevention, assessment, intervention, and program design efforts that are integrated within a school. Additional responsibilities for the position include:
· Ensure student safety and appropriate collaboration and attention to each student’s readiness to learn including needed guidance, discipline, and welfare Lead program teams across the organization, optimizing performance through effective mentoring, direction, and training.
· Teach students skills necessary to help prepare them for the adult world and utilize the time of transition to maximize the individual student potential.
· Guide the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) process for all assigned students, coordinating annual and semi-annual IEP meetings and developing draft IEPs and transition plans.
· Act as school, community and parent liaison and ambassador for Bittersweet’s Pemberville Transition Program and promote goodwill amongst all involved parties.
· Collaborate on functional assessments related to student’s educational, vocational and life skills and abilities.
· Assess student’s social needs (e.g. behavioral, executive functioning, communication, etc.) and academic needs (e.g. developmental level, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating students, placement recommendations and success of the program.
The right candidate will need strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills, with an ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in order to succeed. Qualified candidates will possess technical competence in the areas of program development and implementation, behavioral support planning and delivery, structured skill teaching and supports, and outcome evaluation. Experience with Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD), funding mechanisms, and Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is preferred. Three to five years of experience working with individuals with autism and/or developmental disabilities required. Bachelor’s Degree with current Ohio license as an intervention specialist required – moderate to severe specialization or experience is preferred.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, HSA, 401K plan with company match, Paid Time off (PTO), company paid Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, Professional development opportunities, cell phone carrier discount and member of an Employer Resource Network (ERN).
Please visit our website at www.bittersweetfarms.org to complete an application. You may email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 419-875-5593, or mail them to Bittersweet, Inc., 12660 Archbold-Whitehouse Road, Whitehouse, OH 43571.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.