Bethesda, a growing national provider of supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), is seeking a skilled professional with admissions and marketing knowledge and experience for the position of Director of Admissions. The right individual may be located anywhere in the USA.
This position is directly responsible for the administration, direction, and coordination of the referral, intake and admissions process for enrolling people with Intellectual and Development Disabilities (I/DD) in an array of community-based services. The position is responsible for developing and maintaining referral relationships in the community and establishing effective strategies for continued service line growth by converting referrals into admissions to meet and exceed goals in accordance with the organizational strategic plan. The successful candidate will be familiar with person centered planning concepts with a vision to enhance the quality of life for people supported by Bethesda.
Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Previous experience in planning, development, and implementation of I/DD program strategies and understanding I/DD industry trends
- 5 years of experience in the I/DD field with 3 years in management role with business management, personnel management or marketing experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as primary liaison between Bethesda and state, regional and local developmental disabilities agency personnel relative to new referrals, admissions and discharges.
- Develop, maintain, and foster professional relationships with referral sources.
- Develop, review, and recommend departmental policies and procedures and ensure consistent implementation, evolution and improvement of admission policies and procedures to ensure efficient process flow.
- Supervise and work in tandem with Referral and Placement Coordinators to process written, face-to-face and telephone referrals from referral agencies, school districts, potential applicants, parents or other sources.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to oversee production of resources, informational and marketing materials to present and respond to all referral and admissions inquiries.
- Create functional strategies with specific objectives to meet growth objectives.
- Maintain a professional image/role while representing and promoting Bethesda and supports offered at community, professional and special events.
- Research, understand and comply with federal, state, and local regulatory standards.
- Maintain confidentiality with all people seeking supports and services and their families.
- Collaborate with Human Resources for the recruitment, hiring, training and professional growth of all Departmental staff.
- Conducts regular admissions meetings in order to provide information and solicit input regarding the operations of the Department and/or any issues or concerns.
- Complete and monitor monthly census reports and maintain up-to-date waiting list information.
- Participates in meetings and ensures that the Vice President of Business Development is regularly informed of the status of admissions and any emergent issues or trends along with actions taken.
- Uses technology for the completion of specified job duties.
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with agency staff and all external stakeholders.
Supervises team of Referral and Placement Coordinators
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion
Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization
Demonstrated skill in financial planning
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Public speaking experience
Attention to detail
Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint
Significant travel required
How to Apply
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.