Bethesda Lutheran Communities is growing again!! We are looking to add a Behavior Analyst to our amazing team!
Administers, conducts, evaluates and supervises the implementation of behavioral assessment measures (e.g., Questions About Behavior Function (QABF), Functional Assessment Screening Tool (FAST)), Assessment of Functional Living Scaled (AFLS) and/or other functional assessment measures as assigned or indicated. Develops individualized goals and objectives for home, community, and center-based programs as indicated by the needs of the persons we support and designs behavior support plans based on functional assessment data.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services (or related major).
- BCBA, BCaBA or recognized as a Level 2 Behavior Therapist
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of the science of behavior analysis and behavior analytic therapies; experience delivering these services.
- One (1) year experience completing comprehensive functional assessments and behavior support plans, with two (2) years’ experience serving individuals with lifelong disabilities.
- Experience with staff training and supervision
- Must be proficient with functional assessment development, program/goal development, behavior reduction and skills acquisition procedures, and staff training
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, be highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Must be able to work well as part of a team
Certificates and Licenses:
- BCBA or Level 2 Behavior Therapist approved by Department of Human Services (DHS) and enrolled in IMPACT.
- Maintain all required certifications as outlined by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (for BCBAs) or requirements as determined by DHS (for Level 2 behavior therapists
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures appropriate behavioral data systems are implemented such that quantifiable behavioral data is collected at regular intervals to allow for the continual evaluation of behavior plans and the achievement of individual goals and objectives
- Teaches management staff and DSPs on the proper implementation of reinforcement, proactive and preventive behavior programs and plans, data collection systems and all necessary monitoring and reporting systems
- Conducts regular caregiver and/or staff training and consultation
- Is responsible for ongoing individual program oversight and conducting routine meetings with management staff and DSPs
- Meets regularly with the Senior Director of Clinical Services and notifies her/him immediately of issues impacting PWS’ progress and satisfaction
- Completes all necessary documentation in a timely and satisfactory manner as requested by the Senior Director of Clinical Services
- Ensures proper billing entry in Bethesda billing systems as required
- Maintains billable caseload and documents billable hours as required by Bethesda
- Develops written reports documenting behavioral recommendations for parents, caregivers and agency personnel in a timely and accurate manner as requested by the Senior Director of Clinical Services
- For BCBAs Only: Complete requirements, within one year, to provide supervision to behavior analyst interns
- Provide supervision and complete documentation of supervision activities of behavior analyst interns that meet the requirements by the BACB
- Provide supervision of BCaBAs as required by the BACB. Provide supervision to Level 2
- Behavior Therapists following the same BACB guidelines
- Maintain availability to respond to the needs of the persons we serve, providing consultation and on site assistance to behavior crisis situations
- Maintain any required training to include any necessary crisis management procedures in the behavior plans as needed
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Clinical Services
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to use the keyboard and computer for a minimum of seven hours per day.
- Ability to work irregular hours as needed.
- Local and overnight travel, up to 15% of time.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behaviors):
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity, and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- Respond to referrals for service in a timely and appropriate manner
- Participates in professional meetings or conferences as required by the Senior
- Director of Clinical Services and as required by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) or by state rules and regulations to maintain certification, licensure and/or status as a provider
- Adhere to the mission, vision and values of Bethesda Lutheran Communities Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence the work of project resources with multi-disciplinary project teams for whom you to not have direct supervisory responsibility and resolve issues promptly and professionally
- Ability to develop and deliver training to leadership and project team members
- Proficiency with industry standard office productivity applications and project management software (e.g. Microsoft Office suite and MS Project)
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, as well as in a team environment
- A willingness to learn and grow in a flexible environment
How to Apply
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.