Provides instruction, directly and with the assistance of Education Assistants and Classroom Assistants, of students with developmental disabilities in education, vocational, functional and self-help, social-emotional, and behavioral areas. Instruction is enhanced by the ongoing collaboration with other team members (i.e. behavior department, parents, related services, etc.) in a multi-disciplinary approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Implement the current Individual Education Plan with updates as necessary.
Supervise children in areas assigned and according to behavioral management plans designated.
- Evaluate each assigned child’s attainment of goals as stated in the IEP
Submits progress and other reports as required by the school program or requested by School administrators
- Implement strategies and provides materials and equipment as appropriate for the population served.
- Complete, in advance, and maintain lesson plans, protocol and schedules for daily planning
- Maintain records as required by Federal and State Laws/Bylaws as well as confidentiality of records.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings, interviews, inservice sessions, Parent conferences and other activities as required by the school calendar and/or School administration.
- Supervise and document performance of classroom staff with follow-up on goals and outcomes of performance/coaching lessons
- Attend annual review and other requested/required meetings for children enrolled at The Benedictine School upon request
- Administer state testing to students as directed by School administration and submit documentation in a timely manner
- Must have Bachelor’s degree and valid teaching certificate in Special Education meeting the Highly Qualified criteria.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background checks through CJIS as stated in Family Law Article 5-561, and pass pre-employment CPS check.
- Must pass initial and ongoing required trainings.
How to Apply
Apply online HERE
OR contact the recruiter, Mackensie, directly at 410-634-2112 xt. 1140
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.