Autism Center of Nebraska, Inc.
Posted OnNovember 30, 2017
Experience Level5-10 Years
Education LevelBachelor's Degree
SalaryCommensurate with Experience
The Autism Center of Nebraska, Inc. (ACN) is a nonprofit agency, certified as a Developmental Disabilities Provider in Nebraska. ACN provides community based support, including Residential and Vocational services to individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. The agency’s President/CEO will be retiring in February 2018 after 10 years of service with ACN. The President/CEO is responsible for the implementation of policies set by the ACN Board of Directors as well as the administrative management of the corporation, providing direction and leadership toward the achievement of ACN’s mission, under the guidance of the ACN Board of Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide vision and leadership to the organization in implementing the strategic and day-to-day operations
· Develop and maintain working relationships with other agencies and organizations serving and/or working on behalf of persons with developmental disabilities to effect positive changes for persons with developmental disabilities, their families, and those who provide services to them
· Ensure that ACN mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to stakeholders, other agencies, and the general public
Overview of Qualifications
· Five years of experience providing formal or informal direct support to persons with developmental disabilities (preferred, but not required)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to articulate thoughts clearly
· Knowledge of nonprofit administration, developmental disabilities including autism spectrum disorders, service delivery programs for persons with developmental disabilities, regulations governing the provision of developmental disability services in Nebraska, the structure of developmental disability services in Nebraska, as well as experience with financial oversight
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Autism Center of Nebraska, Inc. please visit www.ACNomaha.org
Applications will be accepted until 12/29/17
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.