AUCD, a leading national disability organization, is seeking a highly-qualified, full-time Senior Research Coordinator. Reporting to the Senior Director of Technical Assistance, the Senior Research Coordinator works with multiple stakeholders in a newly-funded Autism Intervention Research Network on Physical Health (AIR-P) including leadership at the National Coordinating Center at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), the Advisory Board, and Collaborative Research Entities (CREs) in numerous research implementation sites across the country. This position has direct responsibility for coordinating a diverse portfolio of research activities for multiple studies including multi-center trials and local investigator-initiated clinical trials, including managing the research database.
AUCD supports a national network of interdisciplinary centers on disabilities. Its members represent every U.S. state and territory, including: 67 UCEDDs, 52 Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities (LEND) programs, and 15 Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Research Centers (IDDRC). Together, these organizations advance policy and practice through research, education, leadership, and services for and with individuals with developmental and other disabilities, their families and communities.
The AUCD office is located in downtown Silver Spring, MD, one block from the red line Silver Spring Metro station and next to a county-maintained parking garage. This position is federally-funded and is contingent on continued funding. During the current pandemic, this position will be remote as all AUCD staff are teleworking until COVID-19 restrictions start to lift. This will be an in-office position once AUCD begins a phased return to the office. At this time we do not know when that phased return will occur.
- Maintain close collaboration with Senior Director to facilitate timely progress reporting to the Principal Investigator (PI) and enabling appropriate PI oversight and study management.
- Work with CRE leadership, PI, sub-PI, support staff, and other collaborative partners to coordinate and manage investigator-initiated research endeavors.
- Work closely with research network leadership, staff, and developers to maintain a web-based database application.
- Anticipate, identify, and act on web-based database application development, enhancements, and/or issues as appropriate, in collaboration with the Director of Web Services.
- Develop project plans, quality assurance procedures, and checklists for new and ongoing content roll-outs.
- Generate and review documentation for all database changes or refinements
- Train and educate database users with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database systems (including planning and hosting annual in-person training events, semi-annual remote orientation events, quarterly users’ conference calls, maintenance of online learning modules, and help-desk response to user questions).
- Manage other research related projects as assigned.
- Proactively identify and solve potential challenges collaboratively and with professionalism and determination.
- Maintain confidentiality of data and research participant information.
- Plan quarterly and ad-hoc meetings with CREs.
- Lead planning and implementation of two annual research symposia.
- Supervise Assistant Research Coordinator.
- Manage project workplan, activities, and timeline in Monday.com.
- Participate in and support AUCD events such as staff meetings, the annual conference, and represent AUCD at various meetings and events.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all components of the research process as it pertains to clinical trials and studies, i.e., IRB procedures and processes, data management, etc.
- Must have recent experience in research data management, including data analysis, data checking, and data entry.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including knowledge of medical terminology in order to establish effective working relations with all levels of university staff, faculty, private/federal agencies, and with research participants.
- Experience in research, including knowledge of research methods and terminology.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to efficiently and effectively provide data management/monitoring support for a large-scale research network, providing accurate information in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet demands of Agency Directors, PI’s, and Sponsor.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills to complete lay language and technical documents and correspondence by given deadlines.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal direction, and to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks that need to be carried out simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to learn new routines quickly, to follow routines consistently, and to work under the pressure of a busy workload.
- Demonstrated skills to lead, supervise and train others.
- Knowledge and application of regulatory requirements pertinent to medical research, such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA),
- Prior research experience (5+yrs).
- Masters degree in a science related field preferred.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$75,000. AUCD provides a family-friendly and flexible work environment; a competitive salary based on education and experience; generous health, dental, disability, life insurance and retirement benefits; and three weeks’ vacation, sick and personal days, and paid holidays. This position provides a unique opportunity to exercise your expertise, creativity and initiative in a fast-paced yet relaxed office atmosphere. AUCD is committed to an inclusive culture that values all types of diversity, and as such has experience accommodating a wide range of disability and related workplace needs.
The online job posting can be found here: http://www.aucd.org/index.cfm/employment.
For more information about AUCD, visit: www.aucd.org.
AUCD is an equal opportunity employer. Persons from traditionally underrepresented or unrepresented cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please submit: (1) a letter of interest, (2) a resume of relevant experience, (3) names and contact information of at least three professional references, and (4) any accommodations needed for the application and interview process to Dawn Rudolph at email@example.com with “Application for Senior Research Coordinator” as the subject line. Applications will be accepted and reviewed immediately. The position will remain open until filled.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed on Disability Scoop.